Help please

Options
Looking for ideas for introducing gentle exercise into my life, I'm in the early part of menopause and feeling tired and overwhelmed , weight is piling on and I just feel tired and un motivated but I want to change this and looking for any ideas please xx

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,789 Member
    Options
    Walking is the simplest, easiest way to begin and requires no special equipment outside of appropriate footwear. (And I do mean appropriate- it will make a world of difference in your experience).

If you have the funds and will use it, equipment you can use in your home can be effective and allow you to come up to speed in privacy. I went shopping for a spin bike but ended up getting a recumbent and absolutely love it. I do it half an hour as soon as I roll out of bed and now it’s habit. You can build up the intensity level. I save my cardio for other workouts.

There’s tons of video and online workouts. If you want to experiment with yoga or mat classes, many local studios put free classes up on Facebook and Instagram. Just look up their pages.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking Dvd's are amazing ... I use them if the weather is bad or I just don't feel like going outside :) P.S I find her kinda boring so I mute her and turn on my music and walk walk walk :)
  • Littlebitofsparkle74
    Options
    Thankyou ill take a look 🥰
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Walking was the first exercise I introduced and I find it is as good for the mind/soul as it is for the body.

There are a lot of body weight exercises you can start doing for some strength training. There are apps that help you progress from doing like 1 squat to doing multiple squats a day for example.

For a little expense, you can get a set or two of dumbbells and do some beginner exercises.

For some variety, I got a mini fitness trampoline and like to bounce on it in front of the tv.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I also recommend a mini trampoline/rebounder. I use mine everyday. Perfect when the children are in bed as it's quiet and I can do a workout whilst watching a TV programme.

Also, as it's indoors, there are no excuses when the weather is bad!
  • Littlebitofsparkle74
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking Dvd's are amazing ... I use them if the weather is bad or I just don't feel like going outside :) P.S I find her kinda boring so I mute her and turn on my music and walk walk walk :)

Thankyou I did my first mile this morning and feel so good for doing 15 mins
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options

Thankyou I did my first mile this morning and feel so good for doing 15 mins

✨💐🏆💐✨
    That’s how it’s done!

You start wherever you are and you keep going and don’t stop.