Question for the older guys:
Anyone have experience using TRT?
Positives? Negatives?
As a 56 year old guy it’s compelling.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    At age 60 my levels were right at the high end of the range naturally, I wouldn't just assume due to age alone you have a "problem" that needs fixing.

Have you actually had your levels tested?
    (No pun intended!)
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    No I have not but I know I don’t feel the way I did in my late 30’s / early 40’s so have definitely become interested.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No I have not but I know I don’t feel the way I did in my late 30’s / early 40’s so have definitely become interested.

Which could be due to any number of issues.

Get tested rather than guess, I'm no expert (no need to be) but too high levels can also be harmful. As with any medication it's not risk-free or without side effects.

Maybe worth a read....
    https://examine.com/topics/testosterone/

• dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    The latest guidelines state that older men should only receive TRT for sexual dysfunction. I'm 64 and also don't feel the way I did in my 30's and 40's but then I don't think that I should. If you are looking to feel generally better have your vitamin D levels checked - more likely you're vitamin D deficient than T deficient. BTW, T acts as food for prostate cancer cells.......
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    dougii wrote: »
    The latest guidelines state that older men should only receive TRT for sexual dysfunction. I'm 64 and also don't feel the way I did in my 30's and 40's but then I don't think that I should. If you are looking to feel generally better have your vitamin D levels checked - more likely you're vitamin D deficient than T deficient. BTW, T acts as food for prostate cancer cells.......

Which is why any reputable doctor will give a PSA test before starting TRT and annually while on it.
  • Bsp120167
    Bsp120167 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Life changing to go on TRT if you need it. Peptides also help
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    If your test is over 300 you aren't a candidate and will be refused treatment, legally at least.