Let's cheer for each other

Options
Post about your daily decisions that keep you on track!
This journey is all about moving when we want to sit, measuring a healthy snack instead of mindlessly munching, and keeping at it even after a day of feeling like it is impossible. Looking for friends to join me in filling my newsfeed with healthy food pics, after workout selfies, your view from a workout, and posts about making the smart choice when you really wanted to do something different. Talking about these things keeps me motivated and I'll cheer for you every step of the way if you post, too.)
1fu6fi90uvum.jpg

Today I took my son hiking in a trail that ended at the beach. How did you get your body moving?

Replies

• Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I wasn’t feeling it, but I went on the treadmill. I started watching “The Lie” on Prime and I almost forgot I was walking.
    By the way, has anyone ever told you, you look like Carrie Underwood? You remind me of her in the picture with your son. 🙂
  • joyfulchick
    joyfulchick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet! Certainly not, but I'd love to have legs like hers and maybe I will when I keep at this.😉 Thanks for the compliment. Treadmill workouts can feel like an eternity, so good for you for finding a way to make it pass more quickly. Putting on my workout clothes is the first battle for me, and once I do I'm typically committed.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I love the attitude!! Today I decided to get back on my cleanse. Slipped up (for about a week), but I know I did some great work during the 20+ days I was committed to it, and I'm sticking to my plan of keeping it going until the end of August... Put this time to work on myself aside for too long! :)
  • joyfulchick
    Options
    Ugh! Over calories 5 of the last 7 days. I'm tracking and staying accountable, but it's hard to see it high when I'm making smarter choices than I did before- sharing a meal instead of a eating a whole one, counting a serving of chips at the Mexican restaurant instead of eating mindlessly from the basket, getting more active, etc. It's discouraging to be trying so hard and not hitting mark.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I've been in a funk lately, doing a lot of house/yard work, repairs and stuff and just not leaving my self time to W/O. However, I did finally get motivated to go for a walk on the beach the other day. And as fate would have it I cut my foot on a oyster shell. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all. :\
    Despite that I did do a little sesh on my gazelle yesterday. Other than the fact that the gazelle is in my garage with no A/C, there is no reason I don't get on it everyday. I just gotta get the motivation.
    I also need to get serious about my diet, I haven't been eating correctly nor measuring my intake.

While I'm being honest about stuff, I need to drink less too!
  • joyfulchick
    Options
    Sometimes admitting I'm a little off track helps me to start again. Pick one thing for tomorrow to focus on. You can do it!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    mfjri7bk1y2t.jpg
    Took a walk on the marina trail with the family yesterday, this view is us headed back to the car.

As far as going over calories I go over almost every day by way more than that and Im losing weight, so a couple extra calories here or there shouldn't hurt.

Keep up the good work, cute picture of you and your son.🤗
  • joyfulchick
    Options
    I understand! But I still lost 1.4 pounds last week. Hope you get okay results too!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Sometimes admitting I'm a little off track helps me to start again. Pick one thing for tomorrow to focus on. You can do it!

And sometimes saying it to a witness (like here) helps with accountability. Good luck, sounds like you are making great strides
  • joyfulchick
    Options
    It's true! I don't want to admit that I didn't follow through. Typing things out here is helpful, even when there aren't a lot of comments or I'm not sure if it gets read.
  • joyfulchick
    Options
    I did the harder workout today- kickboxing instead of a walk. What better-for-you choices did you make compared to what you wanted to do? vj9tfw8oob30.jpg