Logging again

nxd10
nxd10 Posts: 4,571 Member
Hi all -

I had logged for 9 years (May 2012). My weight was fine and I wasn’t using MFP to change my eating. Hit a wall in October and decided to take a break after logging everything for almost 10 years.

I am back! I need to drop some pandemic weight. I am at my original weight loss goal but up from my low point. My hips are sore and I know I’d feel better with 10 fewer pounds.

My exercise has been excellent but a bit too loose on the snacks. Ready to drop again. I should probably go back to the weight loss thread but this space has been my home for a long time.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Ooh, lovely to see you back @nxd10.

Cheers, h.
    (I know you don’t need any words of wisdom so I won’t try to sound wise B))
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 486 Member
    Welcome back! Look forward to hearing your progress.
    Even though I've been at or under my goal weight since April 2013 I track every day...seems to work.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,879 Member
    I've done that, "I've got this!!" thing too. Good that your bells started ringing at ten pounds instead of 30. :)

Welcome back!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    nxd10 wrote: »
    My exercise has been excellent but a bit too loose on the snacks. Ready to drop again. I should probably go back to the weight loss thread but this space has been my home for a long time.

Nah!
    Long term maintainers have to lose a few pounds from time to time too.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,609 Member
    nxd10 wrote: »
    Hi all -

I had logged for 9 years (May 2012). My weight was fine and I wasn’t using MFP to change my eating. Hit a wall in October and decided to take a break after logging everything for almost 10 years.

I am back! I need to drop some pandemic weight. I am at my original weight loss goal but up from my low point. My hips are sore and I know I’d feel better with 10 fewer pounds.

Wecome back!

Nah, ten pounds doesn't send you out of maintenance . . . or at least I didn't think so when I gained 10-15 😉 (spread over about 4 years, pre-pandemic, in my case).

FWIW: I know multiple strategies can work, and personalization of strategy is really key. That said, I didn't feel up for a major deficit, so did a tiny one: My goal was set around 250 below maintenance calories, but I tossed in some maintenance or indulgent days now and then. It was super slow (which may not suit you, given your discomfort), but the process itself was nearly painless. (Effective deficit ended up around 100-150 calories average daily, bit under a pound a month.)

However you approach it, sending wishes that your re-loss in maintenance goes very well!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,571 Member
    It's feeling good logging again. And all my recipes and foods are still here.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 450 Member
    Welcome back! I'm in a similar boat, except for never venturing into the forums when I was on here before. I logged back on about 6 months ago to do something about an upward pandemic weight creep before I broke through into the overweight category. Glad I'm not the only one in this situation!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    I sympathise, I have stopped logging for a while (not after ten years, though, just after about a year). I'll be back at it in the autumn no doubt. I have gained about 1 kg but I am also a lot more toned with more definition.