Question about something?

Options
fernie8787
fernie8787 Posts: 31 Member
Hello, I just wanted to know what is Calories under weekly goal mean? I need a better explanation of what that number is for and is it important for weight loss? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Calories are definitely important for weight loss. I'm not sure what number you're talking about. Where are you seeing it?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I think OP is talking about the weekly summary page - in the Android app, tap the little pie chart icon at the top of the diary screen and you can access a few reports, one of which is a breakdown of calories eaten in a given 7-day period (typically the date you select and the 7 days prior to it - tap the date at the top of the screen to select a new one). "Calories under weekly goal" is basically what it sounds like - the app is comparing how many calories you actually ate over the past 7 days to how many calories you should have eaten in that time, based on your daily goal (daily goal x 7 = weekly goal, so a 1500 cal daily goal x 7 = 10,500 cal weekly goal).

If you came in under budget for the week, it will say "Calories under weekly goal," if you overate it will say "Calories over weekly goal." Many people find it helpful to look at their diet and fitness data week-by-week in addition to or instead of day-by-day, so you can see trends and course-correct if needed. Weeks are big enough chunks of time to draw conclusions about your training or eating regimen - days are really too small to base anything off of, one day of over/undereating won't totally derail your progress (whatever your goals may be), unless you let it happen multiple days in a row. But if you get to the point where you can see trends in the week-by-week data, if you aren't seeing the results you're after, it's a bit easier to see where you can make changes if you can see calorie and nutrient breakdowns for the whole week at once.