Recomp as a beginner

Hi everyone, 37 days ago I decided to get serious and consistent with my workouts and eating habits. Recently, I became interested in cutting/recomping and would love any pointers for those that have successfully transformed their bodies. 🙏🏾

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Be patient. And then add some extra patience. And for good measure...a bit more patience, just in case 😂

Also, if you're recomping to a specific set of body measurements, you may be setting yourself up for frustration but body fat percentage and lean muscle mass are pretty reliable metrics.

All imho, so ymmv 🤷🏿‍♀️

Are you using a particular workout program to get to your goal(s) @krjohnson1292?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Train well (pick a program appropriate to your lifting status and goals), train consistently and eat at or around maintenance calories with, I would suggest, a higher than average protein intake.

There's a long running recomp thread in the Maintaining Weight forum as it is more popular with people who are happy with their current weight.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
    It's well worth a scan. I'd suggest reading the first few pages and then perhaps watch the recenty posted video from Bret Conrtreras (on the last page) who challenges some of the unfounded assumptions and myths surrounding recomp. He also reinforces it's your training that drives the process.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I second the Bret Contreras video referred to by @sijomial. I watched it yesterday and it's good.
  • krjohnson1292
    krjohnson1292 Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you all!