Not losing weight .... help

Options
hi

Im 27 years female, my weight is 80 kg, my height is 168 cm.

Few times I tried to lose weight but I failed even I went to a nutritionist but I dont lose weight quickly so I got frustrated and quiet diet.

Once I tried to go with the chemical diet and I lost around 5 kg but I gain it in addition to other kilos so fast.

Im a heart patient so I need to lose weight.

Now its been two weeks since I start making healthier changes more than diet but im eating around 1200 calories only and I started to walk on treadmill for half an hour a day but I didn't lose any weight.

Im really started to be upset, please any ideas.

Replies

• talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting and change your lifestyle.

Also, eat more. 1200 calories is the BARE MINIMUM a woman should consume.

Based on the info you gave, your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is 1598. This is how many calories you need to just live and be you.

If you were completely sedentary, based on your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), to lose weight with a 20% cut, you'd need to eat 1534 calories everyday.

If you exercise 1-3 hours a week, taking a 20% cut from your TDEE would be 1758 calories.

In short, eat more to weigh less. Don't be scared of the calories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Two weeks without seeing a loss is well within the normal water weight fluctuations your body has. You may be holding onto some extra water with the new exercise routine that's masking any fat loss happening.

Make sure that if you're using MFP's goals you are logging your exercise and eating back some of the extra calories you earn.
  • Callmecookie88
    Callmecookie88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you let your weight loss live and die on immediate, instant results, you won't get anything accomplished. It's not like your pants fit too snugly in the morning, so you go work out in the afternoon, and then you can wear them that evening. Just like it takes your body a couple days to show the weight from eating second helpings of lasagna and then a piece of cheesecake for dinner, it takes your body a couple days to show that you burned some fat. When you first start working out regularly you will lose more quickly, but the longer you work out the less marginal utility you will get. It's got to be a rewarding experience, not a quick fix.
    If walking on the treadmill is the best you can really do, then you're going to have a long journey. Your heart rate has to go up, you have to feel exhausted but energized afterward. Try using an elliptical or arc trainer, it burns far more calories for the time. If your exercise is not as hard as you can possibly make it without hurting yourself, then you either need to work out harder or work out longer.
  • ruba4
    ruba4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Currently I started to make changes like not eating fast food, packing food for the lunch break, eat more fruits and vegetables, start eating oatmeal and drinking more waters