What is happening inside my bathroom wall?

Options
beagletracks
beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
edited July 2021 in Chit-Chat
I heard a pebble drop on my bathroom floor below the light switch the other day and thought nothing of it.

Then today I noticed the light switch panel was being pushed out by another pebble and I tried to push it back in. The pebble dropped and I found two more on the floor. They seem harder and more solid than drywall— like actual rocks.

Any ideas? What a nightmare. No indication of mice anywhere inside the house. No, I am not removing the panel and am considering duct tape to keep the monster inside.

5odltqdg5d9c.jpeg

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Poltergeist
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I don’t know but am intrigued.
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Have you ever read The Cask of Amontillado?
  • beagletracks
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Poltergeist

I feel like that’s the best possible cause at this point. Fingers crossed!
  • lx1x
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Poltergeist

I don't see them fit in that gap on the switch . Somebody leaving those on the floor .

Concrete wall behind that dry wall?
  • beagletracks
    Options
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    Have you ever read The Cask of Amontillado?

No but I scanned the summary. Maybe bone fragments from a corpse buried in the wall?
  • beagletracks
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Poltergeist

I don't see them fit in that gap on the switch . Somebody leaving those in the floor .

Concrete wall behind that dry wall?

I actually saw one lodged between the switch and wall so I know they’re coming out of there. Jeez is the concrete just crumbling?!?!? ARGHH!

eta: yeah, the tight fit makes me think something’s actively pushing them out — tunneling.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    It's just the building settling and adapting.

.... to demonic possession.

Have a nice afternoon !

Or snake nest hatching?

• PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    maybe a squirrel or a big rat got into the roof or attic area and is causing a ruckus? dragging stuff in behind him to nest or whatever, which is then falling down into the gaps of the walls?

you can try to set some traps up in the attic maybe if its accessible. if its not then probably you can stuff some raw chicken behind the electrical plate until the unidentified rodent works his way down to investigate the smell and if you're lucky he'll accidentally electrocute himself and the whole thing will be resolved.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    maybe a squirrel or a big rat got into the roof or attic area and is causing a ruckus? dragging stuff in behind him to nest or whatever, which is then falling down into the gaps of the walls?

you can try to set some traps up in the attic maybe if its accessible. if its not then probably you can stuff some raw chicken behind the electrical plate until the unidentified rodent works his way down to investigate the smell and if you're lucky he'll accidentally electrocute himself and the whole thing will be resolved.

Thank you and :D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Have a nice afternoon !

Or snake nest hatching?

snakes?

nah..... probably just an exploding spider's nest.

vGOxGyb.gif
  • beagletracks
    Options

Have a nice afternoon !

Or snake nest hatching?

snakes?

nah..... probably just an exploding spider's nest.

vGOxGyb.gif

I have black widows in my garage big enough to poop the pebbles I found. Maybe I can get them to attack the snakes.
  • lx1x
    Options
    Take the switch cover off.. see if any other ghost.. err.. pebbles in there.

Disclaimer: don't get electrocuted doing so..
  • beagletracks
    Options

We took it off. Looks like my house is just inexplicably crumbling. No room back there for anything to come from behind the switch, but little pebble-sized chunks of wall missing. Maybe my house can’t take the heat.
  • PAWGliacci
    Options

We took it off. Looks like my house is just inexplicably crumbling. No room back there for anything to come from behind the switch, but little pebble-sized chunks of wall missing. Maybe my house can’t take the heat.

thats exactly what the wall ghosts want you to think
  • beagletracks
    Options

Are wall ghosts covered by homeowners insurance?
  • PAWGliacci
    Options

no but you could make a killing by starting a "ghosts in the walls" youtube channel i bet
  • beagletracks
    Options

no but you could make a killing by starting a "ghosts in the walls" youtube channel i bet

Maybe I can film them eating spaghetti and fried chicken inside the wall.
  • PAWGliacci
    Options

Maybe I can film them eating spaghetti and fried chicken inside the wall.

jumbo raw shrimp.

repels any ghost, spectre or human after a few days.

because if there's someone in your life that you really don't like then you also shouldn't stuff jumbo raw shrimp behind their electrical wall plates or air vents after getting yourself invited over to their house. it might take them a while to track down the smell and it would be very rude.