Fitbit Question

Options
Hi all,

I've searched the boards, but can't seem to find the answer to this question.

I find the negative calorie adjustment to be extremely confusing, but have one in particular to call out that I'm wondering if someone can explain:

- Did some circuit training this morning - based on my HRM, I know I burned 365 calories which I put into MFP. I did not wear my fitbit during this activity because it rarely counts steps correctly during this time.

- Fitbit is projecting me to burn 1950 calories today as of 11am (keep in mind this doesn't count the 350 from the morning)

Currently it is giving me a -365 calorie adjustment. Why is this happening? Even though I burned an extra 350 calories during the morning, and my fitbit is projecting me to be OVER the calories I need to burn based on MFP's calculation - it's still giving me a negative #?

Any ideas?

Replies

• vjw221
    vjw221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think it's because you didn't wear your fitbit when you exercised so it's for example projecting your end of day total at 1950 but MFP is saying 2315. There is no increase in activity for the fitbit to match with the HRM reading so it's bringing the MFP number down to meet it.

if you're not going to wear the fitbit during exercises then you should turn of the negative adjustment and just allow for it to adjust up only.