Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I feel you were at fault here.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Humans > dogs. Sorry dog people. The dog would have stayed outside until he was cleaned up, for sure. Luckily my boyfriend would have completely agreed with me.

And I would have agreed with you too. Its a dog. Sprayed by a skunk? The dog would be outside all night until I could call off work the next day and care of it. Yup, I would be the one taking care of it as usual since that would normally be a role that I fill.

It sounds like in your house there isnt any order or specific roles that one or the other would generally take care of? Maybe I am old fashioned but when someone knows its always their job to take out the trash, the trash always gets taken out; its one less thing for 2 people to have pointing a finger at each other.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You both responded poorly. Icky situations happen in life all the time, and it pays if you can maintain some kind of sense of humor about it. The dog should have stayed outdoors until you BOTH could figure a way to clean him/her up. Should have been a team effort. And if you couldn't laugh about it at the time, you could laugh about the experience in the future. A great story to share.
    As it is, you two probably could benefit from counseling.