Having a maintenance day!

Options
Happy Sunday. I've been rigorously logging for 38 days and exercising (weights or cardio) 5-6 days a week. I'm 12lbs down, I've lost 3 inches off my waist, and I'm feeling great. I was meant to be swimming this morning, but when I woke up, I just wasn't feeling it. I'm ovulating. I'm tired. And I'm cranky. So instead, I've chosen to have an unplanned rest day and eat at maintenance for the day. And I feel great about it. Back at it tomorrow, but it's good to rest up and take a little break without feeling like I've failed. Sometimes you just need to listen to your body. :)

Just want to thank the old-timers on these discussion boards for your patience with all us newbies and our questions. Your hard-won wisdom is appreciated.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    @KelpieLass I recognize your picture. Do you live close?
    I most of my family are in the Borders, I’m Canada, and usually get to visit the Kelpies annually.

Cheers, h.

bwn3ppwtke4k.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,872 Member
    Options
    Now I'm confused centre of the H's!

Is this supposed to be near your Island? How come I don't know about it? 🤷🏻
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Scottish Borders Pav. You’ll have to do a big trip with me, h.

(ETA if you have any kind of engineering bent you’d love the Fallirk wheel too)
  • KelpieLass
    KelpieLass Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @middlehaitch Yes, I live not too far from The Kelpies and I absolutely love the big metal lads. :) Big fan of the Falkirk Wheel as well. Some very snazzy engineering around these parts.

@gorple76 Oooh, I hope you enjoyed some extra treats on your maintenance day! I did! And I think I'm going to do that once a month. It was good for the soul... and having a rest was definitely good for my body!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,872 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Scottish Borders Pav. You’ll have to do a big trip with me, h.
    (ETA if you have any kind of engineering bent you’d love the Fallirk wheel too)

You're on :wink: And I hear the airlines are having sales before they eventually triple the price for half the space! :lol: (I found myself in a Canadian based airline's 737Max recently and the sardine can experience has taken yet another step forward! Lucky for you that they're not as likely to use them to cross the pond!)
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love an unplanned maintenance day! I get so excited when I take them. Having maintenance days can help you prepare for when you actually reach maintenance anyway. Enjoy your day!
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good plan! I'm no expert, but I think it's perfectly fine to have a "break" day. I recently took a couple days "off" over 4th of July weekend, after about 3 months on plan, and it helped renew my enthusiasm for being back on plan this past week. Also, eating at that level seemed like a ridiculous amount of food, and actually made me feel physically uncomfortable afterwards, so that was quite a side-benefit insight into how out of line my eating had been before.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your "day off" and yep, back at it tomorrow!
  • Nikkiya93
    Nikkiya93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This just made me feel a whole lot better about the rest day I took today ! I was supposed to go to the gym today but I honestly didn’t feel like it but I did make it yesterday…. Today was a movie day for me ! Allowing our body’s to rest is very important and we shouldn’t feel bad about it 💪🏽❤️
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    I had a year of unplanned maintenance days so feel like I can't do that ever again. Even tho I AM in maintenance. :)

It's good to see you guys have your heads on straight about this stuff.