JM - Ripped in 30

Options
I am going to do the JM Ripped in 30 for my September workout. I am 52 years old, about 20# left to lose, and dedicated to my monthly workout. If anyone is interested in giving this a shot with me, please respond and we can keep tabs through this post.

Replies

• judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Nobody?
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred at the moment (just on day 2!!) but plan on doing ripped in 30 after that :) have you done 30 day shred or is this your first JM DVD?

Lynne x
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I will start again on the 1st
  • judykat7
    Options
    I did the 30 DS the month of July. This month I am doing body weight exercises. Every month I pick something different to keep me motivated. I still do my elliptical, walk, and bike ride but change up my focused exercise.

Welcome Mamma Bear and Lynnie if you wish to start the Ripped with us on the first, love to have you. I have found it works best for me to be on the same time frame, same workout as someone else - really keeps me accountable.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I also feel it is easier to stay on the same schedule as someone to keep me motivated. I love most of JM workouts. I have completed the 30DS multiple of times. :0) So the first it is......ready to get this started.
  • ashkinlaw
    ashkinlaw Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'll start ripped on the 1st too
  • doublegrrr24
    Options
    Get ready to get your *kitten* kicked!! LOL I just finished that one, she is amazing and knows her stuff!!
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for ripped in the mail, Iwill start from the 1st Sep, too. Are you plannig to do it 7 days or 6 days a week? x
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I will start it. I am not good at following posts. Feel free to add me. I am actually going to start on the 2nd because I am hiking a mountain on the first.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting Ripped In 30 for the first time in September so I'd love to join in. I need to add a challenge to my workouts so I think this may work! :D
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for ripped in the mail, Iwill start from the 1st Sep, too. Are you plannig to do it 7 days or 6 days a week? x

Jillian recommends 1 or 2 days rest per week for this one. Not 30 straight days like 30DS. She's very clear about it on the DVD.
  • Sarahsw9
    Sarahsw9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've got a few more days of 30DS to do. Ripped in 30 is next on my list so I may join you sometime near the beginning of September (I'll be checking here to see how hard it is though!).
  • kelbelll83
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So I finished week 1 of Ripped in 30 and was excited about starting week 2 but now I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it. I tried it yesterday and I guess I'm not strong enough yet for some of the moves. Like the plank jack and mountain climbers (I've always hated planks! lol) and the side lunge with a leg raise! I don't think my upper body is strong enough, I can do the plank moves for a few seconds but I need to keep taking breaks. So to me it doesn't feel like I'm getting the full benefit. I might try week 2 again today but if it's still too hard I think I'm going to do the 30 day shred. Does anyone else hate week 2? LOL
  • kelbelll83
    Options
    What do you enter in the exercise log for Jillian Michaels videos, like 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30? I was thinking Circuit Training, but not sure :)
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have done a couple months worth of ripped in 30! LOVE IT and it kicks your butt! I am starting it again today! When I input it into MFP i use circuit training! but i need to purchase a HRM b/c I really want to know the exact calories I am burning. GOOD LUCK to all of you that will be starting on the 1st! This video will tone you , I has me!
  • judykat7
    Options
    So glad we are going to have several of us tackling it beginning the first.

I will use my HRM and make an exercise for Ripped in 30. That is what I did for 30DS. Keeps me honest that way since some days I burn way more than others.

I think it is to be done 5 days a week or at least that is how I understood it.

Kelbell - the 30DS has those same moves. Just work through it, you can do it. It amazed me on the 30DS that what seemed impossible the first day of each level was so doable by the 3rd or 4th day.

Thanks everyone for joining me!
  • rainbow198
    Options
    Just moving the topic up just in case anyone else would like to join in. :bigsmile:
  • mrsshortstack
    mrsshortstack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I've done 30DS and while it was a good workout, I was hoping for more. I've followed JM's Making the Cut workout ( which was amazing!), and planned on doing that again, but found Ripped in 30 new at a garage sale and thought I'd give it a go :)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I did it several months ago and I'm (reluctantly) doing it again. On week 2.
  • rainbow198
    Options
    Yay! New faces. :)

So I went to go check out week 2 again. Uhhhh yeah. It looks intense! I'm ready for a challenge so bring it Jillian!

*Hoping I'm not eating my words on Sept. 8th.* lol