The Perfect Healthy Restaurant...

Options
kyleekay10
kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
On my way to work this morning, I imagined what the "perfect" healthy restaurant would be (for me, anyway).

Name: Healthy Haven
Style: Casual dining
Characteristics: Serves breakfast/lunch/dinner; Nothing on the menu is above 900 calories (items at the higher end would be larger dinner meals); Each menu item would list calories/carbs/protein/fat/sugar information; would offer Paleo/Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean options all listed on different pages of the menu; All information would already be entered onto MFP and other calorie counters; take out/delivery options.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a neighborhood restaurant like this for days you don't feel like cooking?!

Has anyone else ever thought of what their "perfect" restaurant would be like?

ETA: I thought this was implied, but my vision of this restaurant would obviously include all the food being delicious... no point in having a "perfect" restaurant if the food wasn't awesome.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    hey bubba, you wanna eat at that place that portions things out really well or the place that tastes good?

Yeah, later for me to bub.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    my perfect place just hits my steak just right, has a good house dressing for my salad, and knows what plain means when I order steamed veggies or a sweet potato.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    When I eat out I do so because I don't want to cook and I want to indulge and be happy.

You could have a very unhealthy meal for under 900 calories. The portion would just be smaller.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Seasons 52, and it already exists.

Just Googled that and there is one in AZ... it looks awesome! Although it seems to be more of a "fancy" place, is that right?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My perfect place? Where the food tastes good.
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I own two restaurants with my husband and I've done the nutritional information on many items - my favourite dishes are all over 1000 calories but I simply make 1/2 orders when I want them..

yum :)
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Just Googled that and there is one in AZ... it looks awesome! Although it seems to be more of a "fancy" place, is that right?

I wouldn't call it a fancy place. But I also wouldn't wear a tank top and sandals either.

You wouldn't wear a tank top and sandals to McDonalds . . .
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I love that place so much.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Protein Bar, Roti Mediterranean, Freshii.....Those places work for me.