Just Attempting to be Consistent

Options
In 2012, I lost 130 pounds using My Fitness Pal. I also took up running and ran in many 5Ks, 10Ks, and Half-Marathons. I was doing well, but some events transpired that brought about anxiety and it caused me to stop running (and many other things I loved). As a result, I gained back 40 of the 130 pounds I had lost.

My first goal in losing the 40 pounds that I’ve gained back is just to be consistent. I’ve started back to running this week, and surprisingly enough, I’ve been able to complete 2 5Ks. My goal for now is to be consistent with logging my food, consistent with running, and consistent with managing and overcoming my anxiety.

I would love to add new friends here for support and to support. If you would like to be friends, please feel free to send a request!

Replies

• InsideTheBurgTTV
    InsideTheBurgTTV Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I lost a lot using mfp years ago too. Then depression led to me becoming the heaviest ive ever been now.
    You made a great first step getting back into fitness!
  • JoshIsRunning
    JoshIsRunning Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I lost a lot using mfp years ago too. Then depression led to me becoming the heaviest ive ever been now.
    You made a great first step getting back into fitness!

Thank you! :smiley:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Consistency is a GREAT first goal!
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My story echoes yours. Over the last decade or so I’ve lost a lot of weight, and had developed a running habit similar to yours. Life events (moving house primarily) have twice knocked me off my course, so now picking up the running again (very slow, short distances) and am now half through a 40ish pound target lost. It would be hugely helpful to share some of the pain and successes if you want to add me as a friend?