Ozempic questions

Options
Momepro
Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
My Dr. just put me on ozempic for pre-diabetes.
Reading about it and the appetite suppression and more unpleasant side effects, but can't find any kind of timeline. I know it can take a few weeks to have much effect in blood sugar, but what about the rest of it?
How long does it take to notice the less official effects, like appetite suppression, nausea or fatigue? Am I looking at days, hours or minutes here?

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,001 Member
    Options
    Ozempic for pre diabetes seems unusual to me.

In my experience in primary care it is used in type 2 diabetes in addition to first line meds or if first line meds are not tolerated

But anyway, common side effects like nausea often settle down after first week or so.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • kellieolson05
    kellieolson05 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just got put on this today for my pre-diabetes. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. :)
  • zutshihora
    zutshihora Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi. Have completed week 4 on a ,25 dose. Will bump up to .5 from next week. Random nausea any time of the day. Have lost 1 KG or so. I think that my body is slowly adjusting to the medicine and it will take awhile for the KGS to go. The blood sugar (fasting) is slowly coming into a decent range.🤞
  • cycleranger
    cycleranger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have not started yet, follow up doctor visit tomorrow to start ozempic
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,668 Member
    edited April 21
    Options
    If you're out there looking for side effects ... you're way more likely to find them than if you're not.😉

🤔

If something changes enough that it becomes a concern AND you recently started, adjusted, or are on (a) medication(s) then considering possible side effects would make sense.
  • AnitaLambert
    AnitaLambert Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oprah had a special on this that might have some helpful information. I admittedly haven't had time to watch it all but it should still be on Hulu.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    Oprah had a special on this that might have some helpful information. I admittedly haven't had time to watch it all but it should still be on Hulu.

If this is the show you meant, I still see it on Hulu:

https://www.hulu.com/series/3c4b83cd-c098-4e9b-bcbe-95ad6ba86dbd

Before I complained about Oprah having a stake in WW which is now prescribing semaglutides, I googled to see if that was still true, but in fact she announced last month that she was stepping down from the board and donating her shares:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oprah-winfrey-weight-watchers-ozempic/

"...In the statement, WeightWatchers said Winfrey's decision to donate her shares is partly "to eliminate any perceived conflict of interest around her taking weight loss medications.""