Walking, is it a myth?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Or you could make walking useful, I walk to work everyday so I don't have to pay for public transport or a car. I walk about 1 hour everyday, helps me stay lean.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    An evening walk is a great habit to get into. 🙂

Heck yeah. I can't really do it unless I want to wait until about 10PM but an evening walk with the fam in fall to early winter is golden and one of my favorite family fun times.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    TBH, I don't really think of a daily walk as exercise. I don't usually log it unless it is well over an hour and uphill. I think of it more as a mental destress and a chance to be in nature.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Add me to the list of people who don't connectexercise and weight-loss. I exercise because I enjoy it - the specific activities I do. I don't do them for calorie burn. If it becomes something I do to lose weight (or now maintain loss) then they become a sort of job and obligation and lose a lot of the fun. I also have trouble when something happens like injury because I then feel like I'm 'failing' on top of just not getting to do fun things.

That said I have some active hobbies that I truly love as well. For me it's all just play. Or, well, I guess sort of me time and quiet time and thinking time and a chance to unwind when it comes to walking specifically.

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you have cardio covered with your daily swim. Have you thought about adding in strength training? Or what about yoga or pilates for flexibility? Walking is great. . . I go out for walks several days a week. Just trying to give you some more options to chose from!
  • crmzn
    crmzn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Walking is a good start, but the more you lose, the less energy required for it. Unless you’re increasing pace. Have you thought about getting up earlier? Like get up at 4:30-5am, then hit the gym and maybe move swimming to the evening. Just an idea (from someone who gets up at 3:30am to workout).