So, I'm new here.

Options
Hi!

I'm 25 and I live in Michigan. I've recently made the switch to veganism and I just started the Couch to 5k Program. I'm really excited for these lifestyle changes. I'd love to meet some new people also interested in getting healthy. :)

Replies

• PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me. Been on my fitness journey for awhile and am always looking to add people to my network.
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Welcome!

I hope hope hope that you get enough good fuel for C25K on a vegan diet. It's pretty easy to do with some prep, but a lot of people say "hey, I'm vegan" then go around trying to live on Cheetos because they didn't think it through. :)

Anyway, I did C25K as well and loved it...I'm sure you will too!
  • kelciebananas
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! People find out Oreos and Teddy Grahams are vegan and then they live on junk food. I try to be more aware. I know vegan diets can be deficient in B12, calcium, and Vitamin D, so if I don't think I am getting those from food, I will take a supplement. I'm finding that I need to snack a lot more in order to keep my energy up. I don't mind though.

Glad to find someone else who tried the C25K! I've never been a runner, and I figured this is just what I need to push me. I like the challenge. :)