What's on your playlist?

I need a new playlist to keep me pumped and motivated when I walk/run. I have decided to use this as a reward system for myself. If I follow my nutrition/workout plan for the week, I can buy a new song to add to my playlist.

What songs do you have on your playlist that are upbeat and motivational? My normal music genres are classic rock, country, old school hip hop, Christian and big band, but I am up for any genre as long as it's a good song.

Replies

• jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    i won't recommend specific songs because my playlist has about 200songs and growing, but the bands that take up most of the space with their music is Nightwish, W.A.S.P., Sabaton and Iron Maiden. Running on their beat is easy and natural for me and they always bring a smile on my face when they play so even when i struggle ,i push through.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    i won't recommend specific songs because my playlist has about 200songs and growing, but the bands that take up most of the space with their music is Nightwish, W.A.S.P., Sabaton and Iron Maiden. Running on their beat is easy and natural for me and they always bring a smile on my face when they play so even when i struggle ,i push through.

What are some good Iron Maiden songs to put on the playlist? They keep coming up a lot in suggestions.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Upbeat, debatably motivational
    Haymaker - The Honest Heart Collective
    Backwards - The Rare Occasions
    Poor George - James Supercave
    (E)

I think these are also motivational
    Set It Right - The Rare Occasions
    Body - Ten Kills the Pack
    Bumpy Ride - The Hoosiers
    Fight ‘Til the End - Jack Savoretti
    Silence - Isak Danielson
    We’re Only Human - The Honest Heart Collective
    Platform Ballerinas - MIKA
    Breathe - Dom Fera

I’m not good with genres, I mainly listen to pop but I’ve bolded the less poppy songs

Thank you! I will have to take a listen to those songs.
  • Xikaiden
    Xikaiden Posts: 37 Member
    Usually my go to songs are by Sabaton, Amaranthe, Serenity, Delain, Warkings, Cyhra, Sonata Arctica, Arion, Kamelot, etc. (Mostly power metal in general lol )
  • IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    LOL I must be older than I thought... never heard of these bands being mentioned!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member

What are some good Iron Maiden songs to put on the playlist? They keep coming up a lot in suggestions.

Aces High, Be quick or be dead, Bring your daughter to the slaughter, Deja vu,Killers, Man on the edge,Phantom of the opera,Prowler,The duellists,The evil that men do,The red and the black,The trooper,Where eagles dare.
    Just a few suggestions that have a good fast tempo. If you like to mix fast parts with slow parts in songs i can recommend some more (assuming you like their music ;) ).
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2021
    My wife and I share Spotify premium. Every single time I make a playlist, she listens to it and, eventually, starts adding her own songs and deleting a good number of mine.

My last playlist is now titled, "Don't Touch my F'ing Playlist". I think she finally got the picture.

Such a personal thing. A few that I like on there -- Commodores (Night Shift), lots of Bruno Mars, Peter Gabriel, some Rolling Stones, even some oldies like Earth Wind and Fire and The Jackson 5. But I have everything from Rock to R&B to soul to blues and even country on there.

I have 3 separate lists -- one for intense cardio/weightlifting, one for moderate tempo and one that keeps me in check during steady state cardio (basically slower songs).
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    Lately I've been listening to some Sam Tinnesz, Zayde Wolf, and Hidden Citizens. My tastes change all the time. A couple months ago I was into Reggaeton (Puerto Rican music). It just depends on what gets me pumped up at the time.