Binge eating/snacking

Options
2»

Replies

• WailingDusk
    WailingDusk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Why do I have such a hard time controlling my food intake right before and after dinner? No matter what time I eat dinner I end up snacking every 30 minutes before and after dinner until I go to bed. It terrible any tip on how I can control this problem?

I suffer from binge eating disorder, and in order to stop myself from doing this, I had to stop buying snacks. Even healthy ones, at least for the first couple of months to let my body adjust to eating less. If you can get all snack food out of your house, and keep the fridge/pantry stocked with things that are harder to over snack on (like really fibrous fruits, stay away from nuts), it can help you. Also, while it might not be as tasty as regular popcorn, have you ever considered getting an air popper for popcorn for those late night cravings?

How I stopped binge eating those first few months was I didn't deprive myself of food. Just, whenever I was hungry, in order to have a snack, I'd have to actually prepare something, instead of say, opening a bag/box/package and go to town. If it's something you have to put effort into, it can also be a deterrent and help you control how much you're eating.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Totally OT, but I learned years ago I can’t eat popcorn after 5 pm. For some reason it gives me full blown, Freddy Krueger, cold sweat axe-murder nightmares. How weird is that?

As a late night snack…..*shudder*