Ladies how heavy do you lift?

Dumbells1995
Dumbells1995 Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
How strong are you ladies? Please tell your age, length of training, height and weight and some of your heaviest lifts. It could be a fun thread.

I'm approx 170cm (5'6) tall and my weight is approx 60kg (135pounds). I'm in my 20s. I have worked out at a gym for approx a year and a half (x3 pr week). I use 5x5 model of lifting.

My current lifts are:
- Squat: 70 kg/155 ibs (5×5)
- Deadlift, 100kg , 220 ibs (5×5)
- Benchpress, 45 kg / 105 ibs , (5×5)
- Military press / shoulder press, 30 kg, 70 ibs (5×5)
- 20 push ups
- 5 pull ups

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Age 52
    5'10"
    75kg
    Started lifting Feb 2020 - then, you know, Covid. Have been lifting consistently since July 2020 either at home or in the gyms when open.

Squat - 45kg (5x5). Could probably do more but right knee is a bit dodgy and I don't trust it. I can do 40kg single leg press for 12x5.
    Deadlift - 75kg (3 x 5). That was 6 weeks ago. Have been doing a hypertrophy block since, so higher volume and reduced weight. I will be testing it again soon.
    Bench press - don't do it (yet).
    Push press - haven't done it for 4 or 5 months. Last time it was programmed I was doing 20kg 5 x 5. I know I can jerk 27.5kg and that was a while ago too, but was 3 x 3. I'd be fairly confident of 25kg for 5x5.
    Push ups - I can do 5 nice looking ones in one go, then have to do the concentric on knees to get to 12. 5 sets. Until mid December 2020 I could not even do one full push up.
    Pull ups - still working on my first full. I think it's getting quite close. My coach reckons I may get there in our next 6 week training block.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    Age 44
    Height 6'1
    Weight 185

Squat 230lb (but currently injured)
    Dead 275lb
    Bench 115lb (but ready to try for 125)
    Shoulder press approx 74lb (5x5)
    25 pushups
    2 pullups

Been lifting off and on the past decade. More on lately.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2021
    5'3/135/41
    Gym PRs 210s/160b/285d (conventional)
    ETA: pull up PR 3x12 bodyweight (currently did 5x5 bodyweight this am)

I'm not longer squatting or benching. Squatting was taking a toll on my toes, so I stopped awhile back. I aggravated an old shoulder injury a couple of weeks ago, and I'm done benching. I stopped at 3x6@140.

I recently switched over to sumo deadlifts. In the late winter while bulking, I repped 240 for 3x6. I'm back to sets of 10:(
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    approx 5'5"
    right now in the neighborhood of 155 lbs
    39 years old

gym PR's: 330 squat, 240 bench, 395 dead
    competition PR's: 315 squat, 215 bench, 360 or 365 (really don't remember) dead

currently lifting much, much lighter to deal with some injuries and just needing to give the body a bit of a break
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    5 ft 8.5, 48 years old. Training approx 4 years. Pre covid PRs were s90 kg, DL125 kg b55.
    Nowhere near those numbers at the moment but not really training any of those lifts.
  • Dumbells1995
    Dumbells1995 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for the answers so far, I must say I'm quite impressed by some of the numbers, even though I realize some of you might have lifted for a longer time period than me. Makes me motivated and inspired though. I was particularly impressed by the deadlift numbers. Most of you seem to be able deadlift at least 270ibs. Also is 220 ibs squat a reasonable goal for me in the next 6 months, given that my squat is currently at 155ibs?
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    5’2”
    154 lbs
    I started working out about 5 years ago although I haven’t been doing much the last year. I was probably at my best about 2-3 years ago. I remember doing 5 minute planks. My bench press was routinely at 135lbs but I know I went higher. At one point, I was doing weighted pushups with a 25lb plate on my back. I currently can do 100 pushups non-conservatively in an hour.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Thank you for the answers so far, I must say I'm quite impressed by some of the numbers, even though I realize some of you might have lifted for a longer time period than me. Makes me motivated and inspired though. I was particularly impressed by the deadlift numbers. Most of you seem to be able deadlift at least 270ibs. Also is 220 ibs squat a reasonable goal for me in the next 6 months, given that my squat is currently at 155ibs?

https://strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/deadlift

I've linked to the deadlift standards page, but Strengthlevel has standards for most things so you might enjoy having a look there.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I’m 53, have lifted for about three years. Mainly I’m a runner and lift secondary to my running. Currently working out from home since Covid, need to get back in the gym. I’m an injury-prone diabetic so I have to be careful when progressing.

Height 5’8”
    Weight 150 lbs
    Squat 185 lbs (max my home mini barbell will hold)
    Dead 185 lbs (was 210 when I quit gym)
    Military press 70 lbs - I have problems here because of an old injury
    Bench used to be 125 lbs but don’t have the setup at home
    Can’t do a pull-up, still working on negatives! I have been trying for years to get my pull-up!
    Push-ups do 3 x 25 daily to make up for not being able to bench at home
  • 32 years old. 5ft 2
    Deadlift 87.5kg
    Squat 62.5kg
    OHP 32.5KG
    Bench 45kg
    Clean and Jerk 30kg ... working on it