Question

Options
hadil_br
hadil_br Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2021 in Getting Started
Hey everyone hope you are doing well ♡
i just wanna ask about the application: about the number of calories in my goal is that what i need with or without calorie deficit ??

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,288 Member
    Options
    If you've entered your personal data and chosen your weight loss rate, the number of calories is the number you should eat.
  • hadil_br
    hadil_br Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    If you used the guided set up in MFP and chose to lose weight, then the calorie goal that it sets for you ALREADY includes your deficit. So if you log cardio workout calorie burns....it will add those calories to your daily goal. MFP wants you to stick to a NET goal per day.

Some people find that confusing but through trial and error you will find what works for you.

I will warn you that the calorie burn estimates for many things in the cardio database are not accurate so it's best to also use some other tool to help estimate how many calories you burned (like another online calculator or if you have something like a HRM or Fitbit/similar thing).

I had the best success when I ate back 50-100% of the workout calories that I earned, depending on how hungry I was.