Fallen off wagon

Options
chkrg
chkrg Posts: 14 Member
I’ve fallen off the wagon for about two weeks, so now dusting myself down and getting back in the saddle. The good thing is although my eating has not been great I’ve more of less kept up some level of exercise, so pleased with that.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Some long ago poster here said: There is no wagon, so you can't fall off.

You haven't given up entirely and permanently, which is pretty much the only way to truly fail. You've kept up some of your new exercise habits, and relaxed some habits on the eating front, maybe even taken a bit of a break. That's OK.

To my mind, finding the easiest possible habits that create steady progress - that's kind of magical . . . even if it's slow progress. Setting a standard of constant perfection is unrealistic, IMO. Forward progress, perhaps even with some periods of maintaining to keep things manageable - more realistic for most of us. Sometimes we have the time and psychological bandwidth to take things a little more aggressively, sometimes we may ease off the accelerator a bit, temporarily. Just generally moving forward, most of the time, is going to lead to an improved outcome.

You've got this!
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Agree with AnnPT77 - I was finally able to ditch the "until I'm # lbs" mentality and realized this is a lifetime endeavor. Once I realized that there is no end-date to this it became easier for my mind and body to accept. There will be parties, there will be days that require a movie, a blanket, and a big bowl of chili....Nobody is perfect and every day is a new beginning.