Ultimate Accountability Challenge-August 2021

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member

Jump Right In!!

UAC Welcome August 2021
We enthusiastically welcome newcomers and ongoing team members!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!
The 3 Big Rules accountability is a regular posting of your:
1) 20 minutes or more of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming less than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

And

Those who regularly post throughout the month, are celebrated as UAC Champions!

Join us by clicking on the link and joining our team!
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141082-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2021

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Jump Right In!!

UAC Welcome August 2021

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

And

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141082-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2021
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited July 2021
    I joined the UAC back in October 2020 - midway through the month because I just couldn't wait to get started! I knew that I needed ACCOUNTABILITY in order to build a habit of being able to "stick and stay" on those days when I got overwhelmed, or just tired of the struggle. I've lost 40 lbs since then and only have about 20 more to go.

The 3 "rules" are simple - but not easy! :) I love the friendship, encouragement, and comradery of this group, as well as the wisdom and insight from members who have been where I am, or who are currently in a "maintenance" mode. I also like the fact that there is no judgment, only encouragement and suggestions (help) to those who ask. I hope you'll join us - you won't regret it! :)

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    definitely a great group and wonderful family caring supportive atmosphere. Lots of good knowledge shared. Excellent challenge for maintainers, new folks to MFP, folks working on losing, and even recomping. I am always learning something new which makes it not only a challenge but a place to discover!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    edited July 2021
    UAC has been the key to me making healthy lifestyle changes! Its a supportive space in which i hve learnt so much about what it takes to reach my weight loss goals. I joined in December 2020 and have never looked back!! I feel like these guys really understand me and are there to cheer me on both on my good days and bad. This group has allowed me to be real with myself and has kept me accountable. I am now down to loosing my last kilo and i will continue staying with UAC and embarking on my next journey of maintaining my weight! I hope to see u in August and i hope actually i know it will change ur life just as it has done mine.
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    This is a great group of people. They inspire me with their daily achievements, and their will to keep going! I feel like part of a team here.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    August will be my third month with UAC. I don't always meet the daily requirements, but I know that each day I do is one step closer to getting it right. In the meantime, I'm enjoying getting to know the people in this group. Each of them is inspiring, welcoming, and willing to help.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited July 2021
    UAC is a great group supportive and encouraging people. I've been a member for well over 2 years, and it's been instrumental in helping me reach maintenance and stay there.

Stick to the 3 'simple' daily rules and earn a place in the Winners' Circle. You even get 3 pass days to help you get there.

More than 3 pass days? You can still join our Champions who post there achievements every day, no matter what!

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,518 Member
    I have been with UAC since Nov 2019 and not a month goes by that I have not learned something, felt supported at my lowest moments and find the encouragement to keep going. It’s not about winning it’s about being accountable and recognizing that sometimes we need some help. Stick with us and you will get where you want to go.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Higa2021 wrote: »
    This is a great group of people. They inspire me with their daily achievements, and their will to keep going! I feel like part of a team here.

Concise and accurate.

Much like how your daily, concise entries will help you achieve accurate health results when you join this group.

You're in the MFP Forums anyway so why not leverage your time with action-oriented posts while you're here?
  • RangerRickL
    Please see our UAC team members' reviews above!!!
    We want you too...

UAC Welcome August 2021

And

• Healthymumlife
    Healthymumlife Posts: 130 Member
    Can I join please :)
  • RangerRickL
    @Healthymumlife We would love to have you join!!
    Go to the link posted above and when you get there, please click the "Join' graphic
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member

I ​have been with this group for several months, I'm 💯% sure I wouldn't do as well without them.

​Some of you already know, when we try to lose weight at first, we are motivated and enthusiastic, but it's a long journey, the motivation cannot last to the end. I'm now in this state, but being with this group I'm still having better days than if I were doing it alone. I'm keeping my current weight without much gain, until I have enough energy to continue the road.

You can share your worries and ask for advices, many of us have mustly faced this hurdle before and will share the experiences with you.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Whether you're a weight "loser" or a maintainer, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) can help by providing you with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on a more healthy lifestyle..

The 3 Rules for accountability is a regular posting of your:

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly 🏆 Winner's Circle Qualification. 🏆

And those who regularly post throughout the month, are celebrated as UAC Champions!

We enthusiastically welcome newcomers and ongoing team members! :)

Please join us by clicking on the link and joining our team!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    I'm a UAC newbie and this group has helped more than any other challenge I've done to make progress towards my goals. The daily commitment/check-in accountability really gives me the motivation to control my snacking tendencies. And the people are incredibly supportive, as others have said, on successful days and on the not so successful days. If you need a change to help you move forward or just want a supportive community, UAC is a great place to be.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    UAC is a great group supportive and encouraging people. I've been a member for well over 2 years, and it's been instrumental in helping me reach maintenance and stay there.

Stick to the 3 'simple' daily rules and earn a place in the Winners' Circle. You even get 3 pass days to help you get there.

More than 3 pass days? You can still join our Champions who post there achievements every day, no matter what!

Well said. I have been with this group for 2years. These 3 rules have helped me greatly to be accountable in maintenance.
    I especially like that fact that some of us have added personal goals to these rules to help us to be accountable in other areas of our lives that affect our desires to be healthy.

The most non-judgmental challenge group in MFP.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,853 Member
    I first joined the UAC October 2020. The group has been responsible for so much of the positive changes I have made in my life and my health during that time. The structure of the group is great for encouraging healthy habits, Yay!, and the members of the group are encouraging and also diverse, which is wonderful when it comes to member support. It is a great group to join. Give it try!
  • RangerRickL
    Please see our UAC team members' reviews above!!!
    We want you too...

UAC Welcome August 2021

And

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2021
    Like a lot of others have said, I find this group incredibly helpful. MFP is a tool (a very useful one) but it takes people who use such tools (and most importantly use them properly) to make great things. And while you can technically use the tool all by your lonesome, it is a lot easier when you have support and guidance to help you navigate towards your goals.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hi there,
    The leader of this group, truly brilliant, announced he was moving on about 5 weeks ago.

The members of this group - FULLY REALIZING the VALUE of this amazing Group of Supportive People & a Powerful, successful program RALLIED and in less than 24 hours filled over 17 different roles!!!!
    with @Mrs_Hoffer stepping up in a big way to lead us!!

Pretty amazing - don’t you think?

I have been a member of UAC for a long time. I lost the final 25 of my 75 lbs AND I have maintained my weight loss for 35 months. Sept 1 will be 3 years.

UAC has been a key factor in my finally being successful in losing AND keeping it off. I’m not alone. Many others in our group have had the same terrific results.

Check us out. Try it. You may well be surprised that you find yourself wanting to sign up next month, too!

Use the link in one of the posts above & click JOIN
    We look forward to welcoming you to the family!

🌸Maddie