Support group to lose 50lbs?

Options
wolfy1234
wolfy1234 Posts: 22 Member
Hey all,

I am a newbie but a really motivated one...

I am looking to make a group for people who are fired up to lose approx. 50lbs. Ideally with people who have solid diet and fitness plans.

I give plenty of encouragement and zero judgement and would appreciate that in return.

Feel free to add me even if you do not wish to be part of the group.

We can do it!
Ben

Replies

• teagrobert2855
    teagrobert2855 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    100 lb loser here since 2017, diet and exercise
  • wolfy1234
    Options
    Wow... fabulous! Soon for me too!
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So is this for real? I'm a just over a week in to my goal to loose 60 lbs. I have lost some weight. I've lost 40 lbs before, only to gain it all back. I've got some new ideas this time.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    It may be easier to join an existing group rather than create a new one, a lot of folks here start out full of good intentions and then drift away.

Some of the more established groups have a nice mix of people who are just starting out, on there way and have those who are already successfully maintaining. They also tend to have very active threads such as challenges and check ins.

• wolfy1234
    Options
    tinkerbell, thanks for the good and wise idea...!!
  • wolfy1234
    Options
    GMC I totally know what you mean, I am in the same boat, this time for good!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic group that has lots of motivation and support... I have been with this group over a year lost 55 lbs so far ...I absolutely love it .... Please check it out and if you are interested please use this link to sign up ...I hope to see you there :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10839288/fat-2-fit-challenge-and-support-group-august-registrations-are-open#latest
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm off to f2f. Looks like a good group.