Mid 30s Mom looking for female MFP Friends

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Amy and I'm 34 with 2 kids. I just started being active on MFP again two weeks ago after a looooong time of ignoring this app.

I have a goal to lose 75 lb in one year and I also made a wager on HealthyWage to further motivate myself. Never thought I would gamble like that and quickly dismissed those ads whenever I saw them...but then Jillian Michaels did some ads in FB and that was IT...she got me. But I am quite surprised at how motivated I am and that has always been my problem.

My main reason for wanting to lose weight is for my long-term health and for living as long as possible to see my kids grow up. I have a 6 year old son and an 8 year old daughter. It is also very important to me that I am being a good role model for them instead a warning label of what habits they shouldn't have.

I basically stopped eating healthy after my son was born and slowly gained the weight. Time to put a stop to it and get back to the healthy lifestyle I had before.

I'm looking for friends on MFP that want to share with each other our successes and struggles so we can motivate each other. I don't post all day because I have to be at work during the day, but I do want to keep up with people and get to know them with time, and I always check MFP on my lunch break and most evenings. Feel free to add me or request an add. :)

Replies

• spicyjess
    spicyjess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm a 31 year old mom to a soon to be teenage daughter :#

I'm always open to adding new people for motivation (I have deleted a few as there are several creeps out there). I'm 90% sure my food logs are public, maybe friends only, still getting the hang of things on this site lol.

My goal is 50lbs.
    I love Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Haven't done it in awhile though. I'm on day 10 of this wonderful journey :D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ..... You are welcome to add me .... Wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • amybroccoli86
    amybroccoli86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @spicyjess I love 30 day shred too! It's my favorite of hers... Been awhile since I've done it but I keep it handy to go back to!

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out MFP too. I'm on the app right now and I want to be able to see people's profiles but so far I can just see their wall posts and their food logs. ??? Oh well, I'll get the hang of it.

Thanks for the friend request- see you on my wall 😁
  • AmberleighS614
    AmberleighS614 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy!!
    I'm new as well and always looking for new positive friends. I'm a 37 year old mom to two teens- a 13 year old boy and 14 year old girl. I'm starting a new way of life to help be a better role model for them... and also in an attempt to keep up with them!!! You're welcome to add me!
  • Trinity_Lo
    Trinity_Lo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm a 33 year mom of a 2 year old that is already giving me a run for my money keeping up with him at the park. I'm striving to be active and healthy, I refuse to watch him play from the bench. Feel free to add.
  • arreola1217
    arreola1217 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I've been on MFP for about 2 years and NEVER even tried to socialize but I keep losing and gaining and am losing motivation. Finding you ladies has inspired me to try and make friends😊 I am 35 yrs old and have 4 children, 17, 14, 12, and 10. I work in the day and I am a college student. Always busy but trying to put my health back as a priority. Feel free to add me as a friend (I do not know how to friend request lol)
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Recently had a 12lb relapse, which was about half of what I lost so far. Getting back on track is rough but I'm doing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution if you're a believer in her workout plans it's a good one and you only need a set of dumbbells and resistance bands. Feel free to add me, I really appreciate support/supporting other women!
  • amybroccoli86
    amybroccoli86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @Gold6767 Thanks for the recommendation! I will check out that Jillian Michaels' program :smiley: I already have the equipment- yay! Thanks for the friend request!