Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to avoid falling into unhealthy relationship with food

2»

Replies

• nerakma
    nerakma Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you for your comments Lisal.

I never have any sweet food or crisps or biscuits in the house, but that's because I prefer savoury foods and have never been much of a snacker. Cheese is my weakness!

I don't plan my exercise currently - partly because I am running whenever I can find time and partly because I am looking at it from a calories eaten/calories earned point of view on a daily basis. I am also only running.

I think I will have a go at setting myself some fitness goals that are not calorie based and incorporate other exercise. I used to do yoga daily, but it got bumped for the higher calorie burning runs.

Congratulations to you for turning your mind-set around to a much healthier one!
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    At net 500 calories a day you are literally beginning the starvation process. Seek professional help or make yourself get closer to your calorie goal.

It's not easy to have a good relationship with food for many of us... believe me, I've yo-yo'd from high 100s to mid 300s a half dozen times... I've lost over 800 lbs total and before this time down (which will be the last) i'll have lost nearly 1000.

If you can't make yourself hit your target of 1200 then seek professional help. Now.
  • nerakma
    At net 500 calories a day you are literally beginning the starvation process. Seek professional help or make yourself get closer to your calorie goal.

My last 29 day average net calories were closer to 1,000 (990 to be precise) than 500.

TBH, I have thought about it, but feel silly - I am 36 years old, slim and should know better. I weigh 54 kilos, which for 5'2" seems perfectly reasonable - for some, perfectly normal in fact. I did put on about a stone when I was with my partner, but that has now gone. Conversation with a GP - me: I am deliberately not quite eating as much as I should. Him: so eat more. Me: oh, ok I never thought of that :embarassed:

I just need to do this myself and hearing other MFP members advice and experiences are helping - even suggestions to get professional help as they serve as a reminder not to travel further down this road.
  • nerakma