bandandn Posts: 49 Member
if I work out 4, 5 times a day I have to eat more calories
Then burn calories
I've been eating 1400 calories and burn 200 I get hungry

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Eat more. If you have set your MFP goal to lose weight, you are expected to eat back the calories you burn through exercise in addition.

Why are you exercising 4-5 times a day?
  • bandandn
    Options
    So I can see results faster
    How many times do I need to work out
    1, or 3 times a day
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You don't "need" to work out any time, and most people certainly don't work out more than once per day. You will lose weight if you eat fewer calories than you burn. Exercise is mostly for health, and can help you with the deficit, but it's more important to focus on your food intake.

I suggest you read some of the most helpful threads that are pinned at the top of each forum to get started.
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The old saying of quality over quantity kind of applies here. There's no need to work out multiple times per day. Once is fine. Focus on the quality of your workouts. Also, remember, even those workouts you think aren't great, are better than nothing at all. The key is consistency.
  • bandandn
    Options
    Calories deficit is more important. I'll just pay attention to my calories deficit. Thanks for advice
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    You've gotten good advice about everything already, so I'll just add one more thing:

A healthy life is a marathon, not a sprint.

So, when you're adding exercise to your life, make sure it's something you could see yourself doing forever, not just to lose weight. Otherwise, you may crash and burn once your initial enthusiasm wanes. After all, you goal isn't just to lose the weight but to KEEP IT OFF, right? So, don't get so super-strict with yourself that you can't live a normal life. Only you know what's doable for you long term, but that's how you should decide your habits. Even with the calorie deficit, it's better to lose more slowly and keep the weight off than to drop fast and yo-yo. Plus, a slow steady loss is less likely to leave you with loose skin. Exercise is a good partner for the calorie deficit, but it's not the focus.

For myself, I do strength training three times a week, and I've lost 1lb/wk just like I programmed MFP to do. I started out eating back about half my exercise calories. Now I'm slowly bumping up my calories to stair-step my way into maintenance. I'm also adding in some cardio here and there as the mood strikes. At no point have I been super hungry or worn myself out to the point of exhaustion, but I've seen results. Life has to be lived, so make sure whatever you do is liveable for you.