60lbs to loss

Options
DelCB
DelCB Posts: 11 Member
Today, July 31st, I decided my health and weight loss journey is more important than everything else in my life. I am choosing to put me at the top of my agenda after prayer and devotions.

If I’m unhealthy and unhappy, my environment is a reflection of how I feel, therefore I am choosing me first.

I am committing to exercise, which I hate, better eating, meal planning and mindful eating.

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making a healthy decision for yourself, you can do it, it's taken me 11 months to lose 50 plus pounds one day at a time and you reach your goal by changing one thing at a time and sustaining those changes for life to maintain your goals. I'm not a fan of exercise either but I do what I like best which is walking, jumping rope and small hand weights and I also know it helps with my blood sugar so exercise is good for more than weight loss. Keep up the good work of self care, you got this. :)
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I’m cheering for you!
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    DelCB wrote: »
    Today, July 31st, I decided my health and weight loss journey is more important than everything else in my life. I am choosing to put me at the top of my agenda after prayer and devotions.

If I’m unhealthy and unhappy, my environment is a reflection of how I feel, therefore I am choosing me first.

I am committing to exercise, which I hate, better eating, meal planning and mindful eating.

Good for you!

I started in February of this year with about 70 to lose. I am down 32 lbs as of now. I don't know if you will find this, but I do want to encourage you that as you lose weight exercise may become easier and much more enjoyable! I started out without much formal exercise, but now I run three times per week, walk many places instead of driving like I did before, and am beginning a strength training program with a trainer this week...and I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually excited about it!

Eating is really the key, IMO. Be honest about what you eat, even if it's uncomfortable or embarrassing to admit to yourself. That honesty is what has helped me make the changes I needed, and to eat less and realize I can be satisfied with it.

I'll offer prayers for you, too. <3
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I am so happy for you :) Being healthy and in a good place mentally isn't a selfish decision; it's actually the exact opposite. You can do this and we're all cheering for you.

In the beginning I treated exercise like brushing my teeth or doing laundry. It's just something that I did and I didn't have to like it. Now, 90 pounds later, I can't imagine a day without some type of "movement". And walking with my dogs is often my prayer time.
  • DelCB
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement.
  • DelCB
    Options
    You all are such an encouragement. Your personal stories helps me to know my weight loss goal is possible.

I have been walking each day and tracking every bite. Over time I am hoping to move to strength training. Right now I am trying to develop a routine of tracking what I eat and walking daily.