Yes MFP helps

Options
nxd10
nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
I had pretty much maintained for 9 years until COVID. Always good healthy weight. Then I dropped ten pounds and gained 15 - suddenly my pants were tight despite a lot of daily exercise. I also quit logging - it wasn’t influencing my eating (I thought) and I knew the drill.

Well. Restarted logging a month ago. Lost 7 pounds so far. Dumb little decisions. But back on track. Logging is easy and definitely helps me. Even when I think it doesn’t.

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Good insights! Plus, 9 years is a mighty long run. People change, habits change, situations change. Nothing wrong with experimenting and trying new things, either. You had success logging, adjusted, then had a long run of success not logging, adjusted, and now are changing it up again. Sounds like a good move at a good time.

Personally, I find measuring and logging much easier than guessing and waiting for the scale to tell if I guessed right or not. But if I ever found an easier way to maintain than measuring/logging *that works* I would switch to that in a heartbeat.

Welcome back.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Happy for you! And 9 years is an awesome accomplishment. Kudos to you for getting this nipped in the bud. From experience I know that tracking works and have no intention of stopping.