Anyone else crochet to keep the munchies away?

Options
KateK8LoseW8
KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
Crochet has been a HUGE help in keeping my hands busy and off the snacks when I'm winding down for the night or watching a movie. Anybody else crochet or knit? What are you currently working on?

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I knit and crochet both and it does help. You can't eat while you're working and who wants to get food on fabulous yarn?! :) There is actually a group on here for other knitters and crocheters. A bunch of us are on Ravelry too.

I'm currently working on felted bags for Christmas gifts.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/195-fitter-knitters-and-crocheters-
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i crochet, but havent done it in months.... i should start back up to stop snacking! :P
  • violagurl117
    violagurl117 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that my biggest downfall is snacking...and at night after work I can't help but do it while watching TV because I get so preoccupied with the thought of eating something that the thoughts don't go away until I actually eat! I don't crochet but I do cross stitch and I think I will try this idea...maybe some cross stitch ornaments or a seasonal holiday calendar! :) Thanks for the idea!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    No but thats a damn good idea
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I love to crochet and knit. It really does help control boredom eating. :) I'm working on a baby blanket.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I sew. My machine has been out for months and I pretty much have a new summer wardrobe without hardly shopping besides for fabric. :)
  • adrianamelling64
    adrianamelling64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yay! I crochet too…it does help keep my hands busy & stops me thinking about snacking!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Ten-year zombie thread, but this one's ok to continue.

My wife used puzzles to keep her hands busy and stop smoking, same concept.
  • JenSchimanski
    JenSchimanski Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Cross stitch also helps keep the snacks limited
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Ten-year zombie thread, but this one's ok to continue.

My wife used puzzles to keep her hands busy and stop smoking, same concept.

I used puzzles to quit smoking too. It was a great distraction when cravings hit, and allowed them to pass without the anxiety. That was now 3 years ago. 😁

I crochet as well. Especially on stressful days, where a focus on something solid can be a great distraction from stress or boredom eating.