Hello Everyone - I started a 100lb weight loss journey

Options
Hello Everyone! Two months ago I embarked on a 100lb weight loss journey - and I am now about 25lb into this journey. It is tough and it requires a lot of thinking and changed to many old habits. I think I know a lot about nutrition and food addiction and exercise, but I have so far not put it into practice. Now is the time.

Looking forward to hearing from folks going through the same 'big change' and what worked for you and what didn't. Support is very important, and people who never had a weight problem (lucky them!) do not understand how hard it is.

Replies

• tara892003
    tara892003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m new to this whole thing. I’m starting my own 50-75 lbs journey and wanted to show my support! 25 lbs is such a great start and you’re already a quarter of the way! Congratulations!! I can’t wait to read your updates and I am rooting for you! (Sorry for all the exclamations lol)
  • gentle_sir_hulk
    gentle_sir_hulk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It is tough ... and our environment does not make it easy! I hope I can share useful insights but also learn from everyone.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP.

I’m 55ish pounds down with 60ish more to go.

Biggest tips:
    1) It’s a long haul. Motivation comes and goes. But don’t rely on motivation. There will be days when you don’t want to do the thing.
    Do the thing anyhow. And don’t quit. Even small steps get you closer to goal.

2) When you hit goal? Switch to maintenance. Don’t quit. That way you won’t gain it all back.

3) You’re going to go through some changes. Roll with it. Don’t give up.

4) It can get tougher when you get closer to goal. Don’t give up. You may have to shake things up a time or two. Maybe start using a kitchen scale at some point, so you can be precise. This doesn’t happen to everyone. But don’t get discouraged if you find you need to do it.

5) Habits take a while to break. Or to build. Be patient with yourself. You’ll get there.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey for awhile ... I have had some setbacks... some medical things but I can say I haven't given up this time around .... I had over 100 lbs to lose ..I am happy to say I have lost 55lbs and I am no longer considered type 2 diabetic :)

Welcome to MFP ...wishing you the very best on your journey ...Congrats on losing 25lbs