Tip to drop a dress size

Options
2»

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I like some lighter stuff mostly because it makes me aware of my posture and smooths out my clothes over skin (keeps it from clinging and bunching), but I have absolutely done the heavy duty stuff. Not for me because not comfortable, but I HAVE DONE IT.

Inquiring minds want to know: Would it squish you down a size?

It might do, but the fat has to go somewhere. Some of it might just be squished into the belly cavity but in my experience, hello back fat, and hello thighs that suddenly resemble sausage links. OK if the dress is not body con but if it is....
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Headline on a British tabloid in my apple news feed yesterday:
    “Body Con Coming Back”.

Author has clearly never done suburban yoga.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    SnifterPug wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I like some lighter stuff mostly because it makes me aware of my posture and smooths out my clothes over skin (keeps it from clinging and bunching), but I have absolutely done the heavy duty stuff. Not for me because not comfortable, but I HAVE DONE IT.

Inquiring minds want to know: Would it squish you down a size?

It might do, but the fat has to go somewhere. Some of it might just be squished into the belly cavity but in my experience, hello back fat, and hello thighs that suddenly resemble sausage links. OK if the dress is not body con but if it is....

Well I did wonder where the extra flesh got squeezed to.

That's why I would go for the really high style and squish it all the way up to my bustline. :D

Seriously, when I was looking for an image to post in here as an example, I saw more variations of shapewear than I ever knew existed. Although I guess I've seen strange looking garments on hangers that have given me some "huh?" moments.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    🤦🏻‍♀️ Now look what y’all did. You infiltrated my feed. Now Amazon is suggesting shapewear to me.

2hw6gmd0nbes.jpeg

For a mere $5.99 this seller sends you a pack of beads and “sexy white elastic” that does magical things:

Waist beads for women weight loss: The waist beads shape your body and keep the waist small. It is used as a measurement tool. When the waist beads start to feel a little tight, it's a sign that there was some weight gain, and vice versa.

And naturally, there’s a dozen other sellers selling magical weight loss beads, too.

Put that in the back room next to the apple cider vinegar and the magnetic socks. 😂