Period

Options
bandandn
bandandn Posts: 49 Member
yesterday I was 208.2
I weight myself im 209.2
I'm on my period how did I gain 1 pound when I worked out and ate in a calorie deficit 😒

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Sucks. But, even as a male, I see daily fluctuations as large as 3 lbs (in the extreme) and commonly 1-2lbs. You have to weigh every morning after toilet and average many days to resolve to less than a lb on average.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    Because weight fluctuates all the time due to many factors, most often water/fluid retention and food waste in your system. A one pound fluctuation is very minor, and is not likely one pound of fat.

Even if you are very accurate in your calorie counting, and are in a calorie deficit, you will not lose weight consistently day-to-day or week-to-week. You have to pay attention to the trend over time and not get obsessed with the normal daily fluctuations.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One lb is nothing strange in terms of weight fluctuations, I often gain several lbs during my period. It's just water retention.

For more info on weight fluctuations in general: https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    because as females, we retain water, especially during our monthly cycles. this is basic female biology.
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations are normal, especially around your period due to hormones and bloating.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Because this is what actual weight loss looks like in reality vs most people's unrealistic expectations...

Screenshot-2020-06-26-at-16.01.32.png

Weight-Loss-Reality-Feature-1024x538.png

Bodyweight always fluctuates. The human body is comprised of roughly 55-65% water and that will always be variable and obviously show up on a scale that is simply measuring the gravitational pull on your body. You will also always have variable degrees of inherent waste in your system from eating food and drinking liquids.

The scale doesn't just measure fat.