help with plan

jend114
jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
I'm afraid the gym is about to go back to masks and I'm trying to put together dumbbell exercises to do from home. This is what I have so far

Back/biceps/triceps
Row
Bicep curl
Tricep extension
Superman
Skull crushers
Renegade row

Chest/shoulders
Chest press
Lateral raise
Chest fly
Overhead press
Arnold press

Legs
Squat
Reverse lunge
RDL
KB swing
Calf raises
Hip bridge

Anything I can add? Change?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    edited August 2021
    While uncomfortable, a mask shouldn't deter you from the gym. I mean unless you have dumbbells that have enough resistance (most people don't have dumbbells 25lbs+) you may not be getting the same workout for bigger muscles like legs and back.
    That said, what you have covers all body parts. It's gonna be the resistance that makes the difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Can you be specific on your goals and training history?
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    While uncomfortable, a mask shouldn't deter you from the gym. I mean unless you have dumbbells that have enough resistance (most people don't have dumbbells 25lbs+) you may not be getting the same workout for bigger muscles like legs and back.
    That said, what you have covers all body parts. It's gonna be the resistance that makes the difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Pandemic aside, the sensory discomfort of exercising with a mask on would be a huge nope for some (me included).
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I definitely prefer to lift in the gym with all the equipment. You sound like you have a good list! Pushups w/ weighted row (from the push-up position) is a new favorite of mine.
    If you need to work out from home, what about doing a free online Pilates class to switch it up? What about outdoor things, like biking, swimming, jogging, or hiking?