under 1300 calories daily and reaching my goal of 8000 steps daily

Options
hoosier1680
hoosier1680 Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2021 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
i started dieting and exercising on july 24th after having chest pains when i started i was at 333 lbs im now at 322.8 the scales havent moved in a couple days so today im already over 8000 steps by noon on my amazfit watch it really motivates me when the scales dont move from day to day any1 got any advice on how to keep the scales moving down

Replies

• mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What a great start and as often happens in the beginning the weight seems to just fall off. it may slow down and don't be surprised or annoyed...it happens. If you think about this journey as a lifetime trip and make small sustainable changes you'll improve you health and lose weight. It may take time and that's OK. Keep tracking your food and go for quality food; e.g., limit the processed stuff, exercise, get your sleep and water. find some time to relax. Personally I think 1300 calories/day is low...when I started at 226 lbs I aimed for 2,000/day knowing that was a lot less than I'd been eating and the weight came off slowly but surely. did hit some plateaus and just keep doing the same thing. You can do this! Martha
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I too am motivated by the scale moving. Starting in the same range as you, I've been doing 1100 calories with little to no exercise with success since March 1 and am down 78.8 pounds. The free version of MFP will guide you in the settings for just how many calories to eat per day in order to reach your goal. Maybe you are eating to few calories for your energy level and gender? I also stretched our my calories into 5 meals - rather 3 meals and 2 snacks. The first 3 months one of those snacks was a slim fast shake made with water (in lieu of skim milk) Keep up a great attitude to keep you on track!
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Grumpy, sounds like your calories are too low too - 1100 seems too low and a loss rate in real life of 3 lb per week seems too aggressive to me, ( 78 lb in under 6 months)

I was questioning it myself after reading all the posts here back in March. I consulted my doctors about it GP,heart and pulmonary -- they approved as well. I am eating plenty daily. The average weight loss for me is 10 pounds a month, but my huge drop was the first two months when I quit drinking.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    10 lb per month is 2.5 lb per week - for nearly everybody, that is too aggressive.
  • hoosier1680
    Options
    thanks for the advice everyone ive been reaching my goal almost everyday of 8000steps weigh myself this morning down to 321.2lbs so it coming off slowly
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    10 lb per month is 2.5 lb per week - for nearly everybody, that is too aggressive.

Not when you look at it in terms of recommendations such as "no more than 1% per week". OP is 300+ lbs.
  • hoosier1680
    Options
    here was my last week stats from my amazfit i know the calories are way off ive been using the omnicalulator off the web its starting to get easier when my whole life before i turned 27 i was active then i was hospitlized then the weight came im hoping to get back to my normal weight before the hospitalization
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options

Not when you look at it in terms of recommendations such as "no more than 1% per week". OP is 300+ lbs.

Yes but my post was in response to grumpy, not the OP.