Looking for friends.

Options
Hi everyone,

I am looking for friends with similar goals who post updates on their newsfeed and like commenting on friends posts.

I am 36, mother to a 4.5 year old girl. I am English but since January 2019 I have lived in France.
I would like to lose about 40kg/88lb (give or take) in total but I like to apply short term weight loss goals to make the number not so daunting.

I have been overweight all my adult life and my weight has been creeping up and creeping up until last October I was my heaviest. My weight has bounced up and down and I have as of today only actually lost 2kg.

I live in a rural location with a lot of lakes so water sports are very popular here. We were at the lake and my daughter was in the water. She wanted me to join her because (her words) "Mommies should play daughters in the water" I felt s**t because I had no swimsuit and even if I did, I was not about to put it on.
My husband suggested canoeing but because of my weight, we would be over the maximum weight. My pride took a beating .

I really need to do this and I need support.

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

There’s lots of company here for you.
    Great job taking this first step!
  • DennisB643
    DennisB643 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We can do this! Good to meet you and good luck!