58 lbs lighter in just 4 months! Almost halfway...

Options
Branc93
Branc93 Posts: 14 Member
Starting weight - 299 lbs
Current Weight - 241 lbs
Goal Weight - 180 lbs
Height - 5"8
Sex - Male
Age - 28

Since 15th April 2021 I decided to change my life by changing my eating habits. I also found a job and I move more now albeit trivial and doesn't count as exercise. I started incorporating 20 minute brisk walks in my daily routine since a month ago too.

What can I say, it feels amazing. The amount of energy that I have not having to carry around the extra 58 pounds on my body is incredible too. No more out of breath, I can finally park far away and walk to my destination, without frustration if I don't find a near destination free parking zone.

I look better too and for the first time in 3 years, I am starting to get some attention from girls, which feels great too.

If I reach my goal in 6 more months (10lbs/month weight loss) that'll be great because at 180lbs I will be healthier than I ever was in the last 8 years! I expect weight loss to considerably slow down in the coming months, especially when I'm sub 200 lbs.

At 180lbs I will still be a little chubby/overweight because my ideal weight is more like 165lbs but once I'm at 180lbs I'm in no hurry to lose the extra 15lbs.

For the longest time I didn't think I could do it, I thought I didn't have the will and discipline to lose weight, but now I know. MyFitnessPal helped me a lot of course, logging and weighing everything I eat too.

Thank you MFP, you helped me reach halfway (so far) and I'm sure you'll help me reach 180lbs.

Onto the second half!

Replies

• JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,378 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing that you have done this on your own. It is a life change and it can make you feel so euphoric inside. I am so happy for you. <3
  • BTBMEVR
    BTBMEVR Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !
  • lou0705
    lou0705 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's incredible and I understand the euphoria you're feeling as although I havent lost as much as you have (35lbs in 7 months) I can completely relate to having more energy and feeling so much happier. I've also got a new job after being laid off which is helping with moving about more, as I dont do exercise, so basically I just stopped drinking alcohol and logging everything I eat and drink onto MFP. I'm looking forward to losing the rest as well (around 27 pounds) because it's been a game changer. Awesome job Branc93 <3
  • grltaz
    grltaz Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Fantastic ! v15p5psdpryo.gif
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, awesome job. :)
  • kekeiko860
    kekeiko860 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep moving. On your weight loss journey remember that it's not all about the scale numbers, muscle weighs more than fat. You must feel great to see your clothes size reduce. Try hand weights for strength exercises a few times a week while your stationary. I can see in your words the confidence you feel about yourself and that may be part of that extra lady attention. B)
  • ziolove
    ziolove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! Here's to your health.
  • jamesmbray1957
    jamesmbray1957 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Remember that there really is no goal, only a path. Even when you reach your optimum weight you can't quit. It will always be a journey. I'm 64 and have been on this road a long time, it never ends, just turns when you don't expect it to. Good job, Never quit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!