When should you change your weight?

Options
tracymayo1
tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
So I started in April at 225lbs and was given 1690 calories a day.
I have lost 18 lbs since - and was just thinking I would need to change my weight to recalculate my daily calories at some point won't I?
Do I keep going with 1690 calories and if so for how long before I notice the losses stopping?
And when where do I go to change the weight? I don't want to negate the history of my loss either..
I hope this makes sense...

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,350 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    If you go into your goal settings, change your activity level setting and weight loss rate, and then change them back to the settings you want. That should be enough to get an updated calorie goal. (You're already recording your current weight, since I've seen the posts on your feed stating your weight loss, so everything is okay on that side. It's just that MFP doesn't automatically use that info to update your calorie goal.)

I'm not sure, but from memory the calorie goal goes down about 10 calories per 5lbs lost? It's not huge, but after losing 18lbs I think it's worth updating.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thanks Lietchi, I will check and see what it gives me. I am not REALLY worried - as I am often below the 1690 goal anyway as a rule - and I am still getting losses - but I was thinking after I hit the 20lb or 25lb mark it may be a goods idea to update.

EDIT: I just went into my settings, and hit SAVE I didn't need to change anything - and it updated my current calorie goal from 1690 to 1610 based on current weight so it worked!! Thank you!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    It will depend on your selected rate of loss too. The slowest rate of loss is only a daily deficit of 250 calories, so being 20lbs down without updating the calorie goal will have a more significant 'slowing' effect than if you have a faster rate of loss/larger calorie deficit selected.