100 down on top of Hanging Rock

Options
2»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I don't have the nerve to get out on the edge of the rock.. but my wife does. I looooove the hike, but the view leaves that uncomfy pit-in-the-stomach feeling. Stupid fear of heights. Did you get out to either of the waterfalls?
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I don't have the nerve to get out on the edge of the rock.. but my wife does. I looooove the hike, but the view leaves that uncomfy pit-in-the-stomach feeling. Stupid fear of heights. Did you get out to either of the waterfalls?

Been down to the falls that are out past the pinic area.
    Check out Wolf Rock Trail too. It is called "Moderate" only because it is not graded like HR is. But it is a flatter trail. Follows the ridge mostly. Great views from Wolf Rock. Not as scary as the drops at Hanging Rock.
    If you take the Wolk rock trail up to the next junction than back down to HR and to the top of HR and back to the parking lot, that is a nice 5.5 mile hike. Good for at least a 1K kCal burn.
    Love swimming in the lake there too. My kids can spend hours on the diving raft. My feet are killing my after an hour of bouncing off the spring board. :bigsmile:
    I can make as big a splash now as I did at 310. It is all in the technique.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!