need new MP3, MP4 Player for my walks..

Options
..and not opposed to Apple device, but think Android would suit me better, not sure though.

Could I have some recommends for smaller/smallest devices, and I'd like 32 gb or more capacity. SD card would be good. What I have now is a pretty old Eclipse probably some have never heard of. Bought it at Walmart and sound has always been good. Interface was hard the whole time, but got used to it. Never seemed easy with such a small device. Light weight is essential, my phone is to heavy so that's why I don't just use it.

Thanks in advance, Denise
PS I don't run/jog, or swim so don't need anything that works with those activities ;) I also go low on my volume, I'm 68 so I don't blast my tunes anymore ;)

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    You have an Eclipse? I got one as a backup (and for the voice recording) but could never figure out how to play more than one folder at a time.

Aaaaaanyway, I 'm a Sandisk Clip Sport kinda girl. They come in a variety of colors and storage spaces, have the sd card slot, very easy and intuitive to use, don't sound too bad.... :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    You have an Eclipse? I got one as a backup (and for the voice recording) but could never figure out how to play more than one folder at a time.

Aaaaaanyway, I 'm a Sandisk Clip Sport kinda girl. They come in a variety of colors and storage spaces, have the sd card slot, very easy and intuitive to use, don't sound too bad.... :)

This^

I miss the older larger Sandisk players, but Clips work well. I've always used Windows Media Player - loading music was always really easy. My new Windows laptop has something else......I haven't tried it yet.
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For years I used a Sansa Clip but since the non-replaceable battery conked I moved to my very first smartphone, a tiny LG still on Android 2.3 Gingerbread with ability to fully install apps on microSD. Wifi and GPS work well. Apart from music and audiobooks, it is still functional with current OSM offline maps, a tabata timer and stopwatch/countdown app, a usable camera, compass, browser, and any other old apps available on APK sites. Using it spares my main phone's battery and I wouldn't trade it for a one-trick MP3 device. Might find similar on eBay if one isn't unused in the gadget drawer.