I need help!

Vetta2d
Vetta2d Posts: 3 Member
Hi friends,

I am writing this to get some advice. I have been following my lifestyle eating change to the tee. The first 5 weeks I lost 6 pounds. It was an up and down process, lose 1 lb, gain .25 back then drop again. However, I am hitting a wall this time. My weight is consistently going up daily with no change to my diet. I have increased my water to help flush out salts. I am 64 years old, have Hashimoto's Disease and have had weight issues all of my life. I have hit a weight that is totally not good for me and I HAVE to get this weight off so this is a cry for help! Has anyone experienced this and if so, what did you do???

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,949 Member
    edited August 2021
    First: Hold the line. Don’t give up.

Then:
    0bkm94fahkyf.jpeg

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    How long has your weight been going up, and by how much?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,850 Member
    You might be experiencing metabolic adaptation, where your body tries to reduce it's metabolic rate to compensate for the prolonged calorie deficit it is seeing.
    You can do several things:
    1. Take a break from the dieting for a week or so. Let your body see a normal amount of calories consumed.
    2. When you resume dieting, try only a light to moderate calorie deficit, losing weight at a slower pace.
    3. You might also consider dieting for 5 days per week, then eating normally for the other 2 days.