Can losing weight and body fat reduce the size of my shoulders?

Options
Heyyy everyone! Just curious about this and a bit hopeful about the responses. I would absolutely love to reduce the size of my shoulders because I believe my body would look a lot better and more proportionate if they are smaller. I carry fat in my upper body and I have noticed as i lose weight my shoulders have gotten smaller. Last year I did a bulk to build my glutes and this year throughout the summer I've been cutting. I've lost some weight and have been able to keep the same measurements around my glutes and my shoulders have decreased too. I still would like for it to be a bit smaller as I continue to lose fat. Is it possible??

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you will lose weight from where ever there is excess fat. So if you have excess fat there, then yes, you will. You can not control where that fat comes off though (spot reduce). So you cant not target that specific area for weight loss (or any area, unfortunately)
  • kontehhalima
    kontehhalima Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    3k06cdk0az6n.jpg

Here are pictures in three different stages of my body journey. I'm 5'2 and first picture i was 130lbs and gained weight through not exercising and bad eating habits, second pic i dropped about 13lbs so i weighed about 117lbs and i mostly did hiit at home no weight lifting, and last pic i did a mix of intense strength training and moderate cardio and i weigh about 123lbs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    there's a difference for sure!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    From what I see from the picture you look proportionate, it's not like your some linebacker and the only way to really tell would be a full body clothed photo. As stated above though, we can't pick where additional weight comes off from, keep exercising and eating in a deficit and you will lose weight, time and effort will only determine where it will come off from. Keep up the good work :)