Anyone else wanting to lose weight to get pregnant?

Options
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same or similar boat as me. I'm currently about 250lbs :( I would like to get down to around 200s before trying as I want to be as healthy as can be.
I already have a beautiful 2 year old but would love to add another to our family.
Everyone around me is pregnant and it's making me sad that i'm not in a position to try. When i'm sad it makes me reach for all the naughty stuff constantly. Again not helping with my situation.

Thanks for reading x

Replies

• itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, looking to lose weight in order to get pregnant. I've got a long way to go. Feel free to add me. I don't have any children yet and want several but I also struggle with PCOS.
  • jillstoner1977
    jillstoner1977 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To both of you, I have been in your shoes. 5'2", 240lbs. Irregular cycles. My husband and I tried for EIGHT YEARS to get pregnant with no luck. I thought I was dealing with PCOS, although it was undiagnosed. We couldn't afford to pursue fertility treatments, and they were not nearly as advanced 20 years ago as they are now anyway. We gave up (for the most part). A weight loss contest at work kick-started me on a low carb "diet", and I lost 115 lbs. Over the course of that 9 months, my cycles began to straighten out but I still didn't come up pregnant, so then I really gave up and just started living life (as trying to conceive had consumed my thoughts and kept me very unhappy. Hit my goal weight in November and was pregnant by the end of April. Don't give up hope!! It may not be the same for everyone, but it worked for me. I had a beautiful daughter in January 2004 and my son came along just 16 months later in May 2005.