Covid Weight Gain is killing me - H E L P

Options
I was a member of this app about 7 years ago when I weighed 276 and lost 30 lbs....fast forward to present day - living alone and working remotely after 17 months of being home and the scale screaming '302 lbs.!' at me....I'm back on this app (after visiting a nutritionist) and I need accountability. My doctor tells me ALL of his patients gained 20-30 pounds during this pandemic and I'm not alone. But I feel like *kitten*; my blood pressure and sugar levels are high, my weight is the highest it has ever been...so enough is enough. I am tracking on here, I'm going to start walking again, and I'm going to be mindful of what I eat. I'm 56 and I feel like crap. Can anyone relate?

Replies

• wishybee321
    wishybee321 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The pandemic definitely doesn’t make it easy . I’m in my second major lockdown now and I have also decided enough is enough. I am trying to lose the weight from last year’s lockdown as well as the weight I gained from the first month of my current lockdown.
    If you can get out and get walking that’s a great start.
  • Fin_C666
    Fin_C666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I work in IT and have been at working from home since March 2020. I weighed myself in March and I had put on shed loads of weight due to this new sedentary work/life. Also found I was working more hours at home. So, I march I decided to do something about it. I have lost 24lbs since then and am in training for a 26mile walk around Salisbury/Stonehenge for charity. At 55, I am certainly feeling the benefits of walking daily and keeping an eye on the calories. So Maria, get out there walking and you can shed those pounds also - you've got this!
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I didn't have an issue with the lockdowns but know of a lot of people who did. I took a short furlough but then was right back to work in the medical field. We were fortunate in that aspect. Being an "essential" worker helped. I did put 10 pounds on last year, but I had been doing that the last three years so it was all on me. Welcome back. You sound determined and that is a great way to make progress. Good luck on this journey :)
  • cmo5333
    cmo5333 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fellow working from home person here. I would like to officially welcome you to the not so exclusive COVID weight gain club. I've gained about 70 pounds.

I swear a lot but if that doesn't bother you, feel free to add me as a friend!.