Losing weight with Fibromyalgia and SNRI's

Options
Hey all!

I am a mom to 2 kids, 3 and 4 years old, trying to lose my baby weight (cant use that excuse anymore!) and the weight I have gained caused by a SNRI.

Pre-pregnancy I would hover about 155, I was very muscular and this was an ideal weight for me at 5'6". When I got pregnant with my first I gained 70 lbs despite running up until 8 months pregnant. We got pregnant again almost immediately and I gained an additional 30 lbs. In total I was 100 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight in the span of 2 years.

I worked very hard and lost the majority of it and was within 20 lbs of pre-pregnancy weight when my Fibromyalgia became unbearable. I was spending 80% of my time in bed so I finally agreed to go on Duloxetine. I have been on Duloxetine since 10/2020, and while it has helped my pain immensely I have gained SO much weight, overnight it seems. I am back up to 220 ish and am feeling absolutely horrible with myself..

Does anyone have experience trying to lose weight caused by SNRI's while also still taking them?

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I have seen people here discuss this issue.

With luck someone who knows more about SNRIs will come by to advise.

That said, I think you may have to get very strict with measuring and portion sizes. And logging of course. It is possible to lose the weight while still taking the meds you need. Don’t give up hope. You can do this.