How I was and how it is going.././need motivation!

Options
I am turning 50 in less than 3 months and need motivation. /Pre-pandemic I was in not too bad shape./ But now. /Ugh! cyq1keu8dgoz.jpeg

Replies

• TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that strangers on the internet can’t really motivate you. If looking on the mirror and not liking what you see doesn’t motivate you, then me telling you good job for losing a half a pound is not going to do much. Discipline over motivation. Consistency over perfection. Good luck on your journey🤘🏼
  • AldiAttorney
    AldiAttorney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dear good sir, no other man can motivate you enough, but let me share my point of view:

I think it will be super awesome if you're known as 'that man who is 50 but looks like a Hollywood action movie star'.

Do you want to be that man? If so, you don't need motivation, you just need to consistently do what it takes. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I found a "before" honest photo is great motivation, Take a full front and side with only underwear on. Look at it once or twice a day. I did that.. and it worked like a charm. Good luck to you.. you can get that off.
  • richardinengland
    richardinengland Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, particularly elisa123gal - i posted my current yuck picture to keep me honest and motivated, but also how i looked ok before, to keep me striving! thank you!
  • richardinengland
    richardinengland Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I find it has helped so far./../publicly 'shaming' myself with how I currently look - I think i look like the left photo, but I need to accept I am the right!