bandandn Posts: 49 Member
I'm at 203
Should I have a cheat day

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Seriously, again? I thought you were just a bit lost and overwhelmed but now I start think you are trolling...
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Seriously, again? I thought you were just a bit lost and overwhelmed but now I start think you are trolling...

Or perhaps OP’s grasp of English is not good?
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

The OP has started multiple threads over a period of weeks, all asking the same questions. I didn't mean the language, more the repetition of the same queries which have already been responded to several times.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

The OP has started multiple threads over a period of weeks, all asking the same questions. I didn't mean the language, more the repetition of the same queries which have already been responded to several times.

I get why you’re a bit suspicious.
    But I still think the benefit of the doubt for OP doesn’t hurt anything.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    My husband just logged his first seven days on MFP.

Even with my experienced help shepherding him along, he’s confused, lost, uncertain. “Well, I read thus and so. Are you sure?”……. And this with my nearly 100 pounds lost staring him in the face.

I think that those of us who’ve been here for a while forget how freaking hard it was to get started, and then stick with it. And the utter whirlwind of questions and conflicting info and advice we got, especially if we were - I don’t know- “gullible” enough to seek info via Google.

I just searched “define activity level MFP” on google for @bandandn’s other thread, and was shocked at the bogus info I got from some so called life coach. And it came up #1 in my search.

No wonder people are quaking in their boots. Everyone wants to make a nickel off us by throwing their “expert” opinion, supplement, or device (“waist beads” for weight loss? Give me a kitten break!) at us.
  • bandandn
    Options
    Thanks for not judging like people in here were human yes sometimes we forget over time
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    bandandn wrote: »
    I'm at 203
    Should I have a cheat day

No. Make a plan, execute the plan. Who or what would you be cheating?

If you need a break from restricting calories so much, eat at approximately your current weight maintenance calories for a couple of days, then get back on your weight-loss routine. A couple of days at maintenance calories delays reaching goal weight by that same couple of days. Is that worth it? You decide, not us.

If you need a mental break from counting, take a couple of days without logging, but eat about the same way you have been eating, i.e., be reasonable. Then get right back to it the next day, mentally refreshed.

If you need the occasional day to really indulge, eat maybe 100 calories (not lots of calories!) under your regular reasonable daily goal for a few days to "save" some calories, then "spend" those calories on a more indulgent meal or day. You can even combine those calories with maintenance-level calories for one day, to have an even bigger indulgence, but still only delay reaching goal weight by 1 day.

Have a strategy, make a plan. Don't just randomly go off the leash and see what happens.

That would be my advice. Others may disagree. You decide.

Best wishes!
  • bandandn
    Options
    Yes sounds right good thing I didn't cheat i lost 1 lbs know 201 thanks
  • springlering62
    Options
    You’re soooo close to “Onederland”!!!!

That was such a milestone for me. I honestly thought it wasn’t possible!

Can’t wait for you to return and post that you’re there!
  • bandandn
    Options
    Thanks, that what keeps me going to be in the hundred,
    Sometimes at night I get those cravings den I think why im I doing this its hard
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i swear i thought the scale was NEVER going to move from 200 to 199.

felt like it took FOREVER.
  • springlering62
    Options
    bandandn wrote: »
    Thanks, that what keeps me going to be in the hundred,
    Sometimes at night I get those cravings den I think why im I doing this its hard

I have a serving of Greek yogurt about an hour before bed. Lots of protein. It seems to shut things down. I typically whip some sugar free jello type pudding mix and a little water into the yogurt. It makes a nice mousse and fills a very large bowl for reasonable calories. (I’m a pig. I like to see a lot of food. My brain equates quantity with happiness.)

I also have a mug of fragrant chai latte, right before I have my yogurt. The ritual of making it (putting on the kettle, adding the tea, syrup, and churning the milk with my hand-pump frother) and having to drink it slowly (hot!!!) are very soothing and for some reason all that froth is filling, too, even though it’s less than a quarter cup of skim milk. I generously sprinkle cinnamon on top. Cinnamon fools the brain into thinking it’s having something sweet, too.

If I could figure out a way to flavor and freeze milk froth, I’d be a happy camper.