September 2021 - Daily or Weekly Check-In

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    LuckiS32 wrote: »
    UGW: 175

9/7 - 221.8 - I have to figure out something to stop eating that one little bag of Cool Ranch Doritos with 3 oreos at night! Any suggestions for the late night snacker while watching tv??

@LuckiS32 I know they are not the healthiest of choices. Sweet could be replaced with fruit, applesauce, yogurt. Salty could be replaced with nuts, seeds etc. However, I don't see that it is hurting your weight loss efforts. Adding them back in after you reach goal could lead to a gain. Keeping them in and incorporating the things you love isn't a bad plan. You are using the pre-portioned sized chips which is smart. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the things you love if you do them responsibly (in my opinion).

I agree with Donna. They are a 100 calorie pack. I would just cut 50 calories from each of 2 meals and still enjoy the snack. This has to be sustainable long term, we still need to eat things that we like.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    nikkit321 wrote: »
    LuckiS32 wrote: »
    I have to figure out something to stop eating that one little bag of Cool Ranch Doritos with 3 oreos at night! Any suggestions for the late night snacker while watching tv??

My first thought would be to get it out of the house, but that's often not possible. Maybe try substituting the chips and cookies for something else that's crunchy, like an apple dipped in yogurt or a little pb; veg dipped in hummus. I think you're looking for the crunch and the "snack" motion.

I adore crunch and chew, and finally have had to just tell myself I can't have anything I have to chew after dinner is over. Because what I do is just have 150 of this and 100 of that and 80 of the other and....yeah. Apparently drinking hot chai with cream or a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream doesn't set me off on the great snack binge.

One of my favorite things is a chai tea bag steeped in hot almond milk with a little vanilla extract and sweetener. It's sweet and satisfying.
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    @benbowers
    Welcome. This thread has helped keep me on track. Hope the same for you. I had surgery several years ago for a torn meniscus and totally understand the comfort eating following. I hope you get back into the running. I couldn't get past the mental block and have not seriously run since. Still have a fear of injury and being slowed down again.