What Losing 30lb in 80 days looks like

2»

Replies

• rontuueyeslikeafox
    rontuueyeslikeafox Posts: 99 Member
    Excellent work! :)
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!! I love it that you said you are proud of yourself!! Look forward to seeing your posts and reaching your goals!!
  • AEGISHOT
    AEGISHOT Posts: 16 Member
    Well done. You are a success story. B)
  • monamac2
    monamac2 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Amazing results for your hard work. Congratulations!
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    That is awesome. keep up the great work
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Great job! I am struggling to get out of diabetes territory. You inspired me to do more. :smile:
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Excellent work Sir, congratulations! :) 80 days ago would put you in early June.
  • gentle_sir_hulk
    gentle_sir_hulk Posts: 52 Member
    tia530 wrote: »
    Excellent work Sir, congratulations! :) 80 days ago would put you in early June.

Yes, I started my journey June 5th. It was after a health scare of bad liver results and my weight topping out at 130.5 kg (actually more, but that's close enough).

But it was really the pre-diabetes and liver results that did it for me. I was told I had one 'last chance' to change it around through lifestyle change, as otherwise I would need to get on a lot of medication.

My dad had diabetes, and it was a bad experience. He became blind when my sister and I were in our early teens, and he had a number of strokes and spend many years in a wheelchair.
  • sandysaia
    sandysaia Posts: 25 Member
    That’s awesome,could you please tell me what you eat on a typical day?for example for breakfast lunch and dinner?Im 330 lbs and trying hard to lose the weight.
  • gentle_sir_hulk
    sandysaia wrote: »
    That’s awesome,could you please tell me what you eat on a typical day?for example for breakfast lunch and dinner?Im 330 lbs and trying hard to lose the weight.

In essence I follow a very low carb diet, but I do not do any calorie restriction. Sometimes I eat a lot, sometimes I eat little. Because I am insulin resistant, my hormones dont respond like with a healthy person. I am trying to develop a natural feeling for hunger and satiety.

I eat typically 5 eggs for breakfast, in butter. Sometimes I eat bacon or other meat. During the day I have meat dishes, often with (non starchy) vegetables, but not always. I do eat salads but rarely without any meat or cheese. I do like cheese, but it has to be quality.

I try to eat not too late, so that I have a fasting period of 12 - 14 hours.

Very important - I cut out most of processed food. This includes fine restaurant food. I cut out processed meat, industrial seed oil and artifical fats. I cook with lard, butter and other animal fats. I only buy grass fed meat and buy pasture raised whenever I can. I get my meat, eggs and butter from a farm in Idaho (https://sevensons.net/).

I should eat more fish.

You are welcome to look at my food diary. I keep it up to date every day.

• sandysaia
    sandysaia Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing what works for you.I appreciate it.Your making fantastic progress.once again thank you.I think less refined carbs is the trick because once I start eating them I can’t stop let’s say at a normal portion . Thank you for sharing
  • gentle_sir_hulk
    I was (am?) totally addicted to bread, pasta, snacks, chips ... you name it. And I used to drink alcohol most days. The challenge is to break that addiction ... once you have broken it, it becomes easier. But that first step is hard, and I would be presented by a big plate of toasted cheese sandwiches, I could eat it all, and still feel hungry!
  • LostLenore1970
    LostLenore1970 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you for this visual reminder, and congratulations! When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I lost 30 lbs. and was able to get off blood pressure medicine and almost ready to quit Jardiance. Then my boyfriend needed surgery, and all the surrounding stress sent me right back to the "comfort" of sweets. I regained most of what I'd lost, but now I'm back on track. Again, thanks for your inspirational photos and much continued success to you!
  • lt3ag4s1
    lt3ag4s1 Posts: 49 Member
    Awesome! Keep on keeping on.
  • tantanstic
    tantanstic Posts: 8 Member
    FAB!!!! Way to go!!!
  • ziolove
    ziolove Posts: 7 Member
    Fantastic. Here's to you and your health.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!