Being nice

Options
I’m not especially thin-skinned. I do not like name calling. I guess I was expecting too much out of this group to think people were going to open and receptive to all ideas and experiences. For future reference:
1. People have feelings.
2. You don’t know everything.
3. You have no idea if “fad” ideas might (or might not) help someone
4. Name calling is juvenile and has no place in grown-up conversation.

PS… you might call it as you see it, but you are not the almighty authority of anything. Learn to express your OPINIONS without debasing or bringing negativity into the conversation. You have absolutely no idea what the person on the other side of your screen is going through.

<clap, clap> I’m done.

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    suzleigh1 wrote: »
    I’m not especially thin-skinned. I do not like name calling. I guess I was expecting too much out of this group to think people were going to open and receptive to all ideas and experiences. For future reference:
    1. People have feelings.

PS… you might call it as you see it, but you are not the almighty authority of anything. Learn to express your OPINIONS without debasing or bringing negativity into the conversation. You have absolutely no idea what the person on the other side of your screen is going through.

<clap, clap> I’m done.

Sorry for whomever offended you, but a lot of that happens on lots of websites, I've learned to the best of my ability to ignore, ignore, ignore and take what I can use from what I consider valid opinions from appropriate responding posters. Take care ❤ And also sorry yo say, like I tell my daughter everyone isn't nice, so don't expect them to be. I feel fortunate when I communicate with nice people. It may sound negative but through a long life, this has been my experience.

• tluisa311
    tluisa311 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    suzleigh1 wrote: »
    1. People have feelings.

<clap, clap> I’m done.

I've had very similar experiences when I've come out to the community threads, unfortunately. Now, I mostly browse through the threads, and when I see like-minded people, I add them as a friend. You get more support and less know-it-all negativity when you post to your news feed and just have the conversations with those who you're already friends with.